Totally bewildered! Fluffy bum help needed over here!

Babyshambelle

Olivia's mum & pregnant!
Reaction score
Hi girls!

Today I got given 15 tots bots bamboozles and 4 wraps in size 1 and a roll of oversized loo roll!

I have no idea where to start!

Have been thinking about starting to use washables but now I've got some I really don't know what to do with them. I looked on the tots bots website and couldnt get the demo to work, so I thought you girls would be the best to ask.

Any help would be much apprechiated!

Ok so they are fitted diapers, which means they aren't water proof which is the reason for the wrap. From what they look like you just put them on like you would a disposable, then put the wrap over that. As for the liners, I personally don't like liners, you can use them if you want, if you do you just pull off one and lay it on the inside of the diaper to protect it from poo, if you don't want to use them it's fine that way too. I also found this on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLzOTy0F8L8&feature=related

Put the tots bots on like you would a normal nappy

wrap goes on over the top

Ta da! :lol:

The over size loo roll is called a liner. You can use this if you want to, but don't have to. You just lay it over the top of the nappy and it stays in contact with your babies bum. This is what catches the poo, and it is flushable. You just take it out, and put it down your toilet. Depending on the size I would fold it to fit.

hey hun i ihave some of these and you just put them on like a sposie n put a wrap on top..i personally dont rate them as they soak all over and you end up with a very wet butt!! if you want me to take pics of mine going on in stages i can do hun .... enjoy your fluffy butt

sara

xxxx

Oooh, thanks for the quick replies! So how long do these things take to dry? I've heard that the bamboo ones take longer and we try not to use the drier where possible. Is there anything I shouldn't use in the washing machine with them i.e fabric softener etc etc?
I'm just going to have to give it a go aren't i? :D

dont use fabric softener!!!!!! i use the recommended amount of nappy wash (i'm usin a green one called nappy wash from morrisons at the mo) and just a little detergent, i think its recommended you use half the usual amount of detergent....

i always tumble the bamboozles for about half an hour or so n then air dry them overnight - they would take a good few hours on a radiator or on the line to dry (on a good drying day ehich we havent had any of so cant really tell you for sure!)

if you really want to go cloth i'd defo recommend you try some pocket nappies - drying time is far better!!

enjoy hun!!!

sara

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ok you can use some fabric softeners...just not all the time and not on PUL...so not on your covers but just the fitted diaper it would be ok. We use Ecover for fabric softener and only about every 3rd wash. I wash everything together then pull anything that has PUL out then do a rinse with the ecover then dry them all together. We use our dryer to dry so can't say how long it would take to air dry though :)

Ok you can use some fabric softeners...just not all the time and not on PUL...so not on your covers but just the fitted diaper it would be ok. We use Ecover for fabric softener and only about every 3rd wash. I wash everything together then pull anything that has PUL out then do a rinse with the ecover then dry them all together. We use our dryer to dry so can't say how long it would take to air dry though :)

ooh i didnt know this...i thought fabric softener was a big no no ?!

sara

xxxxxxxx

I was also told never to use fabric softener?

I was advised on cloth nappy tree to only ever use Bold 2 in 1 as this is a clay based softner, the only one you can use. The best natural softner is white vinegar however bamboo stay very soft without any softner.

Are they new nappies hun as if they are they will need a few pre washes to get absorbancy up :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->