Totally breakdown and disconnect....:(

When I was pregnant with my first and found out he's a boy I was davestated. I cried for days. I hated the thought of a boy with how dirty, stinky and rough they are. I didn't imagine how I could play with cars, mud or bugs or all those other boy stuff. I didn't want to deal with the "penis" phase where they're constantly grabbing it. Buying him clothes was so depressing cause I thought the clothes are so ugly and sad.

All of this changed over time. I love my son to pieces. I still am not a fan of hot wheels or monster trucks, but I'm a big fan of him. Gender doesn't have to state who your child will become.

This time we got a girl and I was escalated but like you I'm not a fan of hot pink or that princess attitude, so I just buy the outfits that don't piss me off!

I think it's good to experience both worlds honestly as it'll help us grow so much, and your relationship with your own mother has nothing to do with the relationship you'll have with your daughter unless you let it.

I say it'll become so so easy once she's here and you see her coo and laugh and just be a normal baby like any baby. Her gender will not matter one bit! :)

My 1st was a girl and I wanted another one.....I didn't see myself with a son and didn't think I could connect to one the way I did with a girl. I was hoping for another girl all the way through my second pregnancy. When the ultrasound tech said "boy!" ...I was crushed. I was praying even then for another girl and when he said boy,my heart sank. I was sad for the rest of the scan and also for the rest of the day and several weeks afterward. It was only after I started buying boy clothes that I started feeling a bit better. Fast forward to now, and I love my little boy sooo sooo much!! He is just the sweetest, most perfect, adorable little boy! Seriously, he's soooo sweet. I didn't imagine I could love and connect to a boy, but my connection with him was immediate. I love him lots and we have such a sweet relationship now.

Just sharing my story so that you know your feelings might change after birth. And just because you had a rocky relationship with your mother/sister, doesn't mean your relationship with your daughter will be difficult.....

This sort of makes me sad to go back and read it. Clearly I had some hormones that I couldn't process I'm literally laying here right now, a day away from Callie being 6 months, with her nestled in the crook of my arm snuggled up in bed like she's become a part of me. An extension of me. She is the light of my life and the happiest smiling baby I have ever met. I can't imagine life without her and how silly I was to not want a girl. I love my little lady

Love to read the update of this thread! It gives me great hope when struggling to accept the gender of a my coming baby. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->