Totally confused - is it possible to be pregnant?

SJW85

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am new here, but not new to TTC. We have been trying for 2 years now and have been referred to fertility. Unfortunately my tests have been cancelled due to the Covid19 so we are in limbo!

However... something isn't right!

I had a normal period on 23rd Feb... ovulation test confirmed on CD12 (6 March). I then appeared to have another period on 20 March, which would have been bang on time. However it was really light, I didn't need use a tampon and a pantyliner was sufficient.

Normally before my period, 1 week before my boobs become tender and enlarged. That didn't happen before that period on 20 March, for 3 days! However, after that (literally from about CD3 and even now at what is CD11) my boobs feel really 'heavy' and slightly tender. They kind of feel like they are going to tear the skin... I know, its bizarre!! When I turn on to my side in the night, they feel awkward and tended. (BTW, I'm not blessed with huge boobs).

I went for a run on Saturday, and when I got back I was bent over with what appeared to be period like pains and then again this morning I had period like pains.. always on my right side. I did however find out at the beginning of fertility that I have a cyst on my right ovary, so that could explain that.

I have been horribly moody the past few days finding anything I can to argue with my husband (may be just the fact I have been stuck with him for over a week!!)

I use a clearblue fertility monitor, however I haven't this month as i haven't been tracking with our fertility appointments being cancelled. I did do a pregnancy test on it yesterday, but it showed up negative.

Is it possible that the bleeding on the 20 March was implantation and I could be pregnant? Surely, if i was it would have showed positive on the Clearblue fertility Pregnancy test? Am I just trying to justify my strange body?

thanks and sorry for the long post!

It cannot be implantation bleeding as its too late for it to happen, generally implantation occurs between 6-12dpo. I would suggest you to take a regular pink strip HPT as digital tests take atleast a week after missed period for some women to get positives.

And the period like cramps/pains and spotting/bleeding could be because you are pregnant as I had them at my initial days too( or it could just be random spotting or period coming) You can only know once you take a HPT with first morning urine. Good luck :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->