Totally O/T but does anyone here have an american side by side fridge freezer?

hellywelly

Mummy to Harry
Reaction score
OK so we are just about to purchase a side by side fridge freezer - but our friends have said not to bother with the freezer on the left and the fridge on the right go for the double fridge and the freezer in drawer compartments at the bottom .....

Since the side by side is around £1k and the one with the drawers is around £1.5k I want to make the right decision.

So I ask you side by sider's lol if you had to choose which one would you go for lol xxxxx thank you xxxxx

We opted for a side by side as we were looking for as big a freezer as possible. The drawer type have smaller freezer capacisty.

We have also used one with the water/ice thing basically taking up the top shelf of the freexer and its a pain as its right in you eye line, look for one that the ice is all in the door samsung g series and im not sure who else do them.

We have a side by side one with water/ice in the freezer door, it's a Samsung. We love it, there is plenty room in the fridge and a big freezer.

:)

xx

We have a side by side and there is lots of room in the freezer which is why we got it because I buy lots of things on sale and freeze them. It is also easier (imo) to find stuff in the side by side. I have mine organized by shelf (ex. frozen meat on bottom, prepared meals next, veggies and fruit, "other" and then on the top back breastmilk) Plus, you don't have to bend over to get things out of the freezer.

I've got an American style fridge freezer, it's fab - much better than the other type. It wasn't expensive either, was around £500. It's a Daewoo one.

My parents have a big side by side one and it's great, I would go for one if I could defo :)

We had side by side, loved it, never managed to fill it with just the 2 of us lol
It didn't fit in the kitchen in our new house :(

We've got a side by side one, I love it. :)

We have a side by side one and i love it. The fridge part is massive and I can never seem to fill it, the freezer compartment isn't huge, but it does us fine and we are a family of 4. We have a water filter on ours and it doesn't take up much space at all.

If you have the room, I would def go for a side by side one. We paid £600 for ours and it is a Samsung.

I prefer side by side. It has more freezer space & it's more neat. I prefer freezer shelves more than drawers.

I have the one with the freezer drawers in the bottom, I have to sit on the floor to look for stuff & get things out, & cleaning it is a hassle as you have to take out the drawers to clean them. You can't use the drawers to cool drinks in a jug or bottles. & the doors are massive & they need lots of space. it doesn't even have a shelve In the freezer part incase you need to cool sweets or food in plates or trays.

My parents have Sansung side by side, it's more practical & neat. it has 3 freezer shelves, ice Storage & 2 large drawers.

I have a side by side and love it! there is so much space, ecp the fridge, saying that id love another separate freezer too, because i love to make stuff and freeze staff for another day and i never have enough room.

We had the big double side by side with ice cube water in door and it kept packing up and had so many water leaks we only had it around a year before we ended up buying another

We have the side by side one with the ice and the water it depends if you have much in your freezer I suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->