Totally OT... meat question

xPH03N1Xx

Reaction score
I got some pork chops out of the freezer yesterday and sat them on the sink to defrost... But OH and I fell asleep and didn't get back up to cook them.

Anyway, I just realised I'd left them out... OH says they should be fine.. but I'm not too sure I want to risk it?

I got some pork chops out of the freezer yesterday and sat them on the sink to defrost... But OH and I fell asleep and didn't get back up to cook them.

Anyway, I just realised I'd left them out... OH says they should be fine.. but I'm not too sure I want to risk it?

i agree im sure its fine

How long did you leave them? Were they still cold to the touch?

I wouldn't eat them... better safe than sorry. You should always defrost meat in the refrigerator, not outside :thumbup:

I wouldn't eat them... better safe than sorry. You should always defrost meat in the refrigerator, not outside :thumbup:

I normally do, but they wouldn't have defrosted in time for tea if I had done that..... But it turns out they didn't need to defrost in a hurry anyway lol... Oops

If it was overnight, I wouldn't trust them unless they were a super thick cut. If they were room temperature to the touch, toss them.

If it was overnight, I wouldn't trust them unless they were a super thick cut. If they were room temperature to the touch, toss them.
I agree, if they didn't still feel cold toss them. It isn't worth it. They say not to eat anything that has been out more than 2 hours.

If they were not cold feeling when you got them out of the sink, I wouldnt risk it. Pork is a no no to me lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->