Tots Bots Fluffles - nappy nippa

marley2580

Reaction score
https://www.mumi.co.uk/pimages/1020150408.jpg

I have 5 of these nappies to sell. They are a size 2 (birth to toddler, though they would be very bulky on a newborn). They have no fittings, meaning you need to use a nappy nippa with them.

They are in good condition as I rarely used them and come from a smoke free house. They have been washed.

I think they cost me about £10. I'm looking for around £30 + P&P for the 5 of them. I can do Paypal but would prefer a cheque.

These have been discontinued so you can't get them from Tots Bots any more. Below is the bumf about them.

The Fluffle nappy has been designed to aid those without a tumble drier, and to provide a very rapid drying nappy for those with a dryer, and yet is absorbent as a regular Tots Bots. Fluffle is made from a double layer of thick 100% polyester microfibre, which absorbs the moisture between the fibres rather than into the fibres like a natural fabric such as cotton or hemp. Spinning in a washing machine thus removes the majority of the moisture, so it will dry within a couple of hours, indoors or out, though a dryer is handy to finish this off quickly, particularly on a breeze-free day, as the moisture tends to lurk where the seams are turned and top stitched - hanging by a radiator helps. Nappy fans used to handling microfibre will be relieved to know this is one of the softest microfibres and although it does tend to catch on rough hands it's not quite so 'sticky' in quite the same way microfibre inserts do (a particular dislike of mine), and also remains soft in hardwater areas.
Designed to fit as wide a range of baby from birth to potty in one or two sizes, the Fluffle has a soft microfleece liner over ¾ of the inside of the nappy, open at the front to form a pocket. The snap-in 2 layer micro-fibre booster fastens onto the inside front just above the pocket opening, in exactly the same place as on the original Tots Bots. Size 1 with the snap on booster removed will fit a premature baby - the front tucks under the fleece pocket liner to reduce the height, later the booster may be added in as greater absorbency is needed, and fits to around 18lb. Size 2 with the snap in booster removed will tuck under the fleece pocket liner to fit from birth to toddler. However please be aware due to the bulkiness of this nappy caused by the amount of air trapped in the fluffy fibre, this nappy does look 'big' on smaller babies.
The basic style of the nappy is similar to the standard Tots Bots in shape and fit, with turned and top stitched edges, the slim cut between the legs and the square tabs. With elasticated legs and waist at the back, containment is good. The nappy will need to be fastened with a Nappi Nippa (available separately) which hooks into the microterry to secure, or there are Aplix hook and loop or popper fastening alternatives.
This is a fairly bulky nappy due to the 'fluff ' of the fabric trapping a lot of air, so care is needed to choose a suitable wrap to cover, usually the size 0 or Small will not go over this wrap very successfully. Suggested wraps: Any of our pull on pants, Hook and loop fastening wraps: Tots Wraps, Motherase Rikki, Litewrap, popper fastening: Motherease Airflow, Stacinator wraps.

are they thick hun? just wondering if maybe i could sew in some kind of fastener

x

They are pretty thick. They used to do ones with velcro as well, so you could probably pt something like that on them. Not sure though as I can't sew. You can get nappy nippas pretty cheap though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->