Tough day today...

MissGossip

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

So I MC 5th of January at 7 weeks, we started TTC immediately, exactly a month after MC I had my first period. As thankful as I was to have my cycle go back to normal I couldn't help but feel sad at the fact it confirmed Im no longer pregnant.

Today would be the day of my 12 week scan and also mine and Hubbys 5th anniversary so it should have been such a happy day and all I can think about it how I should have been telling everyone today, all my family and friends.

I know I shouldn't dwell on it and just keep trying but its really hit me a lot today, Ive been fine since the MC happened and handled it really well, I guess I thought I would get pregnant immediately again.

Hope someone understands this mixture of emotions, love to all you ladies going through a loss xxx

Hey! I would have also been 12 weeks this Saturday. It is hard not to be thinking about the what ifs and some days we think about it loads. But dwelling on things every now and again is part of the grieving process. The first period is always hard I find. Last time I took 9 months to conceive again and each month it was a reminder. But in the end I saw it as an end to that cycle and looked forward to the possibility of a success next cycle 😊
I too am having a bit of a crappy day. I have been fine since my D&C two weeks ago but someone today asked me about my appointment next week and it bought me back down to reality. I am so scared that i will never be a mother as I suffer from RPL. I am trying to get used to the idea that things may not ever happen for us. But when people ask it brings it all to the surface. I am fine on a day to day basis and I always try to picture my life without children just incase we can't be helped. I still have some hope but just not as much as I used to. This is a way of protecting myself I think. The whole thing is very clinical to me now. I've just had enough of ttc and I hate the thought of trying again at the moment. Thankfully we are having a break from it now and we will try again if we can once tests have been done.

I find that eating chocolate helps and watching a funny movie or a comedy. Also talking about it helps too. I found that bottling it up is the worst thing you can do.

Sorry your having a crappy day. Hopefully tomorrow will be better :flower:

Sorry you had a bad day. I was (and am) generally OK as well but had the odd day that was really hard. I think it's also important to remember that in the first few weeks, your hormones are all over the place. I had days when I was really tearful or angry but not about anything. It'll get better. Last week, I realised that it would have been our gender scan, the point at which we were going to tell our kids and everyone else. That stung a little but it didn't completely derail me as it would have done in the early days. Here's to a short TTC journey and a healthy rainbow pregnancy and baby!

Thank you so much for your support and understanding ladies. I improved a lot yesterday afternoon, I picked myself up and enjoyed the day with hubby, went for a lovely meal and enjoyed each others company. I'm glad o remembered on the morning about the scan and I felt the way I did because it was a reminder that I did go through a miscarriage and as awful as the situation was I was blessed to be pregnant for that short amount of time, I had been TTC for 9 months so it was a real blessing and I can't wait to see another BFP! Just hoping it doesn't take so long this time round! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->