tourettes syndrome

carrieanne

Reaction score
anyone with experience with tourettes we are stuggling to get help for him he starts senior school sept and its getting worse and i worry for him he also has adhd and ocd

Sorry I don't have any advice - but good luck.

My brother has it.hes at secondary school but only goes to certain lessons as he cant handle a full day there. Hes on sum great medication nw -after tryin alsorts- and he barely ever feels the need 2 tik. Its realy worth tryin the meds bt it will b a long journey with constant hospital visits. He is behind in school bt will catch up eventually:)

Forgot to mention that in my experience my brother was really quite bad with it when he was 12. He got worse b4 he got better and we are hoping he will grow out of it by the time hes 18 like the doctor has said.i wish u the best of luck as i no just how hard coping with this condition is

thanx so much we have appointment coming up so i will ask about meds etc

my 14 year olod brother has it. The none swearing variation but he the has ticks (the non insect type lol) He also had aspergas syndrome
He has some bizarre behaviours, Like he used to have to touch everything. If he comes into someones house he will wipe his knuckle over the wall, then the sofa or anywhere he goes but he has stopped this recently. He has obsessions with things he likes, for example, when he was 4 he saw me on my keyboard, and he became obsessed with anything with keys, like pianos, keyboards etc. Another time he started collecting hair bobbles, and putting them up his wrist, he would end uo with 20 or so and you could not remove them or he would have a screaming fit.
Thankfully he has grown out of most of these behaviours except for the jerky awkward tourettes movements. He goes to normal high school, but luckily the school does have a 'base' for kids with special needs, so if he is having a bad day (kids can be mean) he will go back to the base to meet with the other kids with similar problems.
His latest obsession is JU JITSU( karate type of thing). He is fantastic at it, and a good hobby for him to learn. His skinny body is becoming all muscley lol, I couldnt believe his 6 pack he is getting, im so proud of him.

He no longer takes med (used to take ritalin) but found he would be too zoned out and could not concentrate in lessons because he wouldnt listen due to being subdued.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->