Toxic baby bottles

Jenny

Mami of 2
Reaction score
Found a better link about this:

https://www.greenlivingonline.com/Family/plastic-baby-bottles-found-to-be-toxic/

Its good to know, had no idea that plastic bottles could be dangerous :wacko:

I read about this too, all over the news here. Don't know about the webpage you have though..........from what the news said the three worst bottles were 1) Avent 2) Gerber and 3) Playtex But according to the news ALL plastic bottles tested had high levels of the chemical leaking. Not sure what I think about it all myself. Will have to do more research.

I've been looking at this all morning, since we still haven't bought any bottles for this baby yet. Found this:

Safer alternatives: Non- polycarbonate product examples
 Bottles: Evenflo glass or pastel polyethylene plastic; Gerber polypropylene opaque plastic; Medela breastmilk polypropylene storage bottles and polyethylene milk storage bags; disposable bottle systems with polyethylene plastic inserts (e.g., Playtex Nurser, Playtex Drop-Ins)
 “Sippy” cups made of polypropylene or polyethylene: Avent Magic Cup; Evenflo cups (inner lining); First Years Take & Toss; Gerber Color Change, Sport Fun Grip; Playtex Sipster, Big Sipster & Quick Straw

Mostly the bottles that contain polycarbonate are the ones that are testing high for it. I just might go back to glass bottles, I don't like the idea of my baby being exposed to those kind of chemicals. They're also saying to use powdered formula for babies and not canned, as it contains bisphenol A too.

OMG I had no idea!
If I couldn't find glass bottles, the drop in ones are safe, right??? Great...now I gotta worry about something else:dohh:

OMG I had no idea!
If I couldn't find glass bottles, the drop in ones are safe, right??? Great...now I gotta worry about something else:dohh:

You can use the drop in ones hon, as long as they don't contain polycarbonate.

Playtex Nurser, Playtex Drop-Ins are suppose to be made of polyethylene plastic and is considered safe. Just check and see if they have an ingredients section and make sure theres no polycarbonate listed :hugs:

I don't really know how much of a risk this is and I'm not too worried as I plan to breast feed to start with anyway and maybe just use the occasional bottle for expressing.

I will be using Avent though when I do use bottles as I've already been given an Avent gift set. I personally feel there can't be that much to worry about. Avent for example is a major brand and if there was any real danger you would have thought the bottles would have been pulled long ago. Thousands of babies use them but it's down to everyones personal feelings - like eating organic. I like my extra large GM tomatoes, lol more for my belly!! There's always something new we should or shouldn't be doing or should or shouldn't eat.

Hi!
I've been a little concerned about all this and did a bit of research. Though the opinions on this vary alot, I decided I didn't want to continue using the Gerber my little one loves so much... I looked around and found glass Gerber bottles at BabiesRUs but Simon's dad worries about damaging the floor if we drop a bottle! ;) So my search continued and I found the colored Nuby at Wal-Mart (approx. 3/$6.00) It says, on the packaging, that they don't contain Bisphenol A. We'll try them tonight and I'll let you know how they go. They have little bumps that are supposed to relieve baby's gums but I'm very sceptical!!! I'll keep you posted:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->