Toy ideas for 4 year old girl what she can do on her own

woodr

first time mum
Reaction score
Can anyone help, my little girl has just had her birthday and I am now unsure on what to get her for xmas. she has just got lots of board games which is great however she has nothing she can go and play on her own which I am trying to encourage.

she has a dolls house which she doesn't play with, innotab which she goes on sometimes, has puzzles which she wants you to help with. the only thing she has which she loves is her dolls and has lots of them.

all I have on the list is a new kitchen and trolley, playdough dolls car seat.

any ideas anyone???

Do you have to buy her toys? If she has a lot but doesn't play with them on her own then buying more isn't going to encourage that.

My girl will play with anything like stickers or colouring on her own and sometimes play doh.

I would look for a variety, try to get things that are nothing like what she already has. If she has lots of dolls already, I'd take anything doll related off the list and get other things. Ideas that come to mind that my kids play with:

PRetend food
Small indoor trampoline
Play tent
Activity table (trains, cars, legos, etc. Girls like these too)
Dry erase/chalkboard easel. My boys LOVE playing on this
play doh
finger paints, watercolor paints, coloring, anything artsy
dress up clothes, all different themes. we have superheroes, fireman, pirate, doctor, train, plane, etc. So not all one kind, where they might get bored of dressing up in same type thing (princess might get boring if its all she has, so maybe some other things like doctor, chef, etc)

Just leave your purse when she can get at it, she'll be amused until you find her. :dohh:

How about a way to make all of her things neat and accessible. My DD plays with her toys much more when everything is easy to find.

A nice rack for play clothes
Cube cubby with little boxes for playsets/playset toys

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back