Toys!

Srrme

Reaction score
When did your preemie become interested and toys, and play with them? Elias loves watching his mobile, or any other toy for that matter, but he's not interested enough to grab it, etc. His favorite toy is a towel, or blanket! He grabs it immediately, and stuffs them into his mouth to chew on. :dohh: I don't know if he's behind, or if it's normal? He's 3 1/2 months corrected.

Alex didnt grab anything for AGES, at that age she only just started grasping her dummy. That was it really.

I'd say it was about 5 months corrected that Jamie started to be interested in toys.
Congratulations btw - how exciting!!

Thanks, gals! Elias started grabbing his stuffed toys last night, because apparently they taste good. :haha:

@toothfairyx - Thanks! :hugs: Very unexpected!

Cam has only recently started taking an interest in his toys. he doent really play though, just grabs stuff then chews it lol xxx

Thanks, gals! Elias started grabbing his stuffed toys last night, because apparently they taste good. :haha:

Lol I must admit I did briefly wonder if that was how you had planned it! I'm probably just getting to the stage where my brain has forgotten how much hard work the first few months out of hospital were so you never know.....:)

Lol I must admit I did briefly wonder if that was how you had planned it! I'm probably just getting to the stage where my brain has forgotten how much hard work the first few months out of hospital were so you never know.....:)

Oh, it was not planned at all. :haha: Elias was a very, very easy baby once he came home from the NICU. I was never exhausted, or anything! :blush: But, I'm scared of how difficult it will be with two babies at such a young age. :wacko:

Come to think of it, I had thought you'd been a bit quiet from here for a few weeks lol. I've always taken a bit more of an interest in how Elias was getting on as there are so many similarities with Jamie. Although I wouldn't describe him as an easy baby lol he needs constant entertaining I'm a bit worried he's going to be hyperactive.
I think you will get on just fine! You seem to do really well with it it all already so I'm sure you will juggle them both!

lol if they both end up in the same school year! That would be cool!

Kian has only recently the last month or so started to come 'properly' intrested in toys iykwim? xx

Come to think of it, I had thought you'd been a bit quiet from here for a few weeks lol. I've always taken a bit more of an interest in how Elias was getting on as there are so many similarities with Jamie. Although I wouldn't describe him as an easy baby lol he needs constant entertaining I'm a bit worried he's going to be hyperactive.
I think you will get on just fine! You seem to do really well with it it all already so I'm sure you will juggle them both!

Teehee. I have been a tad bit quiet. Our internet was down, and Elias won't tolerate me being on the computer when he's awake. :haha: How is Jamie doing, anyway? :D

And thanks, I sure hope so! :flower:

ooh i love the name Elias, but DH hated it, phooey =p

I think the first few months babies just sort of follow moving objects with their eyes - eventually they try to grab them. Then they stare at the object. Eventually they'll shake it around. A big step is when they start passing it from hand to hand, turn it around to examine it. At that phase they seem content with anything really ;)

Jamie is doing well thanks - he's about 18lbs so weight is good, sitting up now and everything is hilarious to him! We have been exceptionally lucky I am thankful everyday for that. His consultant is really happy and just need to get his lungs de-clogged!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->