transitioning to one nap

Babybear85

Mummy to Joshua
Reaction score
Hiya guys hopefully someone can give me hope this will end lol. Basically josh has dropped his 2pm nap....not happy about that...but still taking is original 9.30am one. I have moved this back to 10.30am for now and although tired he has been pulling himself through for it. However my god night is bad. He wakes about three times and I know its because he is overtired because he's awake from 12pm til 6.30pm he just is getting overtired I can't stretch the morning nap any later atm but someone please tell me he Will adjust or will go down later eventually for his nap. I am 32 weeks pregnant too it feels like my newborn has already arrived. He's a good boy at night will settle quickly its just he can self settle so it must be because he is so tired and cant...sigh

My LO went through this about 13mos- transition from 2 to 1 nap. But she was still taking her early nap, then over tired at bedtime making it much harder to put her down (she'd usually self settle- but when over tired, it wasn't happening!). I know it's "normal" during this transition- but we just kept pushing her nap time back till it was more in the middle of the day. From about noon to 1pm (give or take). This made such a difference! She does tend to get a little tired around 11am- but manages through pretty well, and goes down for her nap great and bedtime too :) We just slowly transitioned the time farther and farther back- and there are still times she'll HAVE to sleep early for nap- i.e. very active day and can't keep her awake! lol. So we just put her to bed a bit early too... and seems to work pretty well for her.

Might post in Toddler forum too if you want more responses- it's a busier area :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->