Transvaginal scan results

Hays

Reaction score
So I had my scan last Friday and considering it’s been Christmas I expected my results not to be back for long than the 7-14 working days that they told me. I got a call today from doctors asking me to come in and discuss the results. Is that standard to go in even if it’s clear? And for them to chase you to come in?

Hi Hays, I've only had a transvaginal scan to confirm my pregnancy after assisted conception. Can I ask what you think they were looking for? Depending on who is doing the scan the results should be available very quickly and if the clinic is efficient there is no reason they shouldn't get you in sooner rather than later to discuss the results, especially if you are trying to conceive. Also a lot of the clinics will only be closed for a couple of days over the Christmas period, the rest of the time it's business as usual. Have you been able to arrange an appointment? Try not to worry too much (I know that's easy for me to say).

Hey thanks for replying! We are TTC No2 naturally but it’s not happening. Our daughter was IVF and we are under the unexplained category! So it was just a scan to check if there’s anything going on inside. I’m going to phone in the morning to try and get an afternoon appointment.

I hope you get a quick appointment and I'll be keen to hear what they say, good luck.

So I cried at the doctors appointment! So frustrated. He said my scan was fine , small fibroid which is normal. It then said right ovary enlarged but that’s fine apparently and it said PCOS ? But he said there’s no real evidence of that?? So why are they questioning it?
He then said he is now referring us back then the fertility clinic we went with my 1st. I think realisation has hit that we can’t conceive naturally and now the thought of going through tests and treatment all over again is petrifying me

I'm sorry it didn't go the way you'd hoped, I was speaking to a friend the other day and we were saying how frustrating it is when you go to the Dr and walk away no clearer about what's wrong.
So your positives are;
There's nothing new or sinister shown up.
Your ovaries look healthy so no reason you can't produce eggs.
You are already familiar with the clinic you are being referred to.
Your clinic will already have notes about tests/procedures and results from before as well as how you responded so may not need to do everything again.
You still may conceive naturally but at least you're starting the other process.

I'm sorry it's not been simpler the 2nd time around, I know that sometimes women manage a spontaneous pregnancy after an ivf one and that may well happen. My friend was told that, due to PSOS and thyroid problems for her and low count and poor motility for DH there was no chance of conceiving without ICSI, they were both shocked and confused when she found herself expecting (to the point where her husband asked if she'd been with anyone else!).
Number 2 can still happen for you, listen to what the clinic suggest and then see how you feel. I'll keep everything crossed for you and will look forward to hearing how it all goes. Xx

Thank you so much for your positive words, I have a journal in LTTC section if you’d like to follow xx

Good luck and I'll check in on your journal. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->