Transverse Mamas

Couple of pictures...the first is a profile view of DD (we finally picked a name! Eva Victoria :cloud9:) She wasn't being very photogenic so it's tough to make out. She wouldn't move her first out from in front of her face, silly little girl. But she is adorable and has a cute little button nose and very girly eyes :cloud9:

The second is my bump being wrapped with the Rebozo in hope of keeping this little diva head down...was quite the challenge to put on by myself...will def be getting DHs assistance tomorrow lol

https://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af180/Guppy051708/image_zps627de7c5.jpg

https://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af180/Guppy051708/bellywrapping35weeksrebozo_zps3506c65a.jpg

I hope that he is and stays head down for you. We are doing well. Now I am in a dilemma about breastfeeding. it is not going so well. I have not got my milk yet which is also a unfortunate side effect of being a csection. Had to post another pic of my beautiful guy for you.

Attachments

• IMG_2192.jpg
    IMG_2192.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0066.jpg
    IMG_0066.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 3
We are doing well. Now I am in a dilemma about breastfeeding. it is not going so well. I have not got my milk yet which is also a unfortunate side effect of being a csection. Had to post another pic of my beautiful guy for you.

Your little man is truly adorable! Soo precious!

I hope BFing improves for you :hugs: it's never fun dealing with issues. If you have any questions, feel free to ask hon. Ive had quite the challenge due to a breast abnormality that causes chronic and severe low milk supply, and a plethora of other issues. So if you need any help or tips, dont be afraid to PM me :friends:

We are doing well. Now I am in a dilemma about breastfeeding. it is not going so well. I have not got my milk yet which is also a unfortunate side effect of being a csection. Had to post another pic of my beautiful guy for you.

Your little man is truly adorable! Soo precious!

I hope BFing improves for you :hugs: it's never fun dealing with issues. If you have any questions, feel free to ask hon. Ive had quite the challenge due to a breast abnormality that causes chronic and severe low milk supply, and a plethora of other issues. So if you need any help or tips, dont be afraid to PM me :friends:

guppy: have you successfully bf ur other los with those issues?

jazzy ur lil man is sooo cute:flower:

Eh depends how you define 'success'. To me, yes I did successfully BF both LOs (one for 5 months the other for 13 months). However I had massively supplement due to a condition know as Insufficient Glandular Tissue. Basically I so everything I can to increase supply but I lack the milk ducts and glands to produce even so my max production is extremely limited. I supplemented my first w formula for 26oz per day. I was also sure to nurse first at every feed tho and in demand. With my second I had to supplement about 20oz per day and I used human donor milk. This time we are using a donor as well (on too of my nursing of course). ...so to some they would say I failed, but to me I know I gave it my best shot
And the I never gave up. Having extreme low milk supply doesn't have to be all or nothing. Every drop counts IMO and I feel things never went as I thought they would but I gave it my full effort and still BFed despite the severely low supply

Excuse the typos :blush: my cell has seems to autocorrect things that don't need it :dohh:

I would deff say that is success. I feel like i have failed feeding my other two. I think im ight have a supply issue. I live in such a small town i dont have alot of support with bf. I bf dd for 3 weeks and ds for 8. I even tried to exlclusivly pump but couldnt produce more then two onces total. Very upsetting. Oh btw i hope your lo stays head down. I had my scan at 34 weeks and she was pretty much head down. Head toward my right hip but getting there lol

Jazzy, your little guy is so so cute!

Duejan, have you looked into any Le Leche leauge resources for BF'ing. There's lots of info on the web. I have no clue as this is my first so I bought the book 'The motherly art of breastfeading' that they wrote or sponsor. I will need all the help I can get so I'm trying to read up as much as I can to prepare.

I think my little girl may have moved. I felt something hard above my belly button this morning and I'm feeling what I think are hiccups near my bum. There's still lots of time for her to move back and then back again so I'll just keep trying to stay calm. I'm reading a book about hypnobirthing that seems to be helping with that.

Guppy, you've gone above and beyond to breastfeed! Are you in Mass? I'm just over the border in NH.

Guppy, you've gone above and beyond to breastfeed! Are you in Mass? I'm just over the border in NH.

I'm just over the border but in Mass. Haverhill to be exact. What city are you in?

I'm just over the border but in Mass. Haverhill to be exact. What city are you in?

oh wow! so many new englanders here :friends:

Im near the Dover/Portsmouth area in NH. Relocated here three years ago from central Pennsylvania.

Today it feels like he's head down again! I really hope I'm right and that he stays put now! He's got plenty of room in there yet so I'm not too worried. One week to go until my next appointment.

Im near the Dover/Portsmouth area in NH. Relocated here three years ago from central Pennsylvania.

Crazy, I'm in Barrington... Pretty much next town over from Dover.

Lite, I'm just 40 mins. from Haverhill.

Guppy, I saw a dr. Chase mentioned in a previous post. Is she at Garrisons? That's the practice I go to. So funny! Since this is my first, I hadn't really thought of a homebirth, but if everything goes smoothly, I think I will try for one next. I'll have to get some info from you.

Jose, I hope your LO stays that way!

Guppy, I saw a dr. Chase mentioned in a previous post. Is she at Garrisons? That's the practice I go to. So funny! Since this is my first, I hadn't really thought of a homebirth, but if everything goes smoothly, I think I will try for one next. I'll have to get some info from you.

Oh i go through there often to see my MWs! I used to live in Rochester, actually.

If you ever have an out of hospital birth i highly recommend Kate Hartwell and Cindy Owen from the Concord Birth & Wellness Center. They have a free standing birth center, which is also a great option. They also do HBs. Love them. I had DS2 with them.

I had DS1 with Garrison. Dr. Perkins was the one around at my delivery. She was fab and very encouraging! And yup, Dr. Chase is at Garrison! I typically see her for my severe prolapse. Now that LO is head down, i may not have to see her for the baby side of things...will see. I will certainly be sticking with them for my GYN care PP....small world!

Oh i go through there often to see my MWs! I used to live in Rochester, actually.

If you ever have an out of hospital birth i highly recommend Kate Hartwell and Cindy Owen from the Concord Birth & Wellness Center. They have a free standing birth center, which is also a great option. They also do HBs. Love them. I had DS2 with them.

I had DS1 with Garrison. Dr. Perkins was the one around at my delivery. She was fab and very encouraging! And yup, Dr. Chase is at Garrison! I typically see her for my severe prolapse. Now that LO is head down, i may not have to see her for the baby side of things...will see. I will certainly be sticking with them for my GYN care PP....small world!

Small world indeed....Dr. Perkins did my cyst removal surgery. I hope your LO stays head down! Mine seems to be back to transverse today. At least she's moving around now though.

I had it confirmed today that my munchkin is fully breech, not cool! My MW is going to book me in at my hospital for external cephalic inversion to try and move the little buggar and I hope it works. I've had such a breezy pregnancy, minus the heartburn, it would suck to have to get a C-Section at the end of it all.

I had it confirmed today that my munchkin is fully breech, not cool! My MW is going to book me in at my hospital for external cephalic inversion to try and move the little buggar and I hope it works. I've had such a breezy pregnancy, minus the heartburn, it would suck to have to get a C-Section at the end of it all.

I hope your LO moves and/or the inversion works!

Sorry everyone for jumping in here. But guppy I've kept this thread around just so I can read your updates. So happy she is head down Yeay! And also I love her name! My nieces name is Ava ( not sure if you want your daughters pronounce eve-a or A-va) anyhow, they are both pretty, so excited for you. Not long now girl!!! :)

Sorry everyone for jumping in here. But guppy I've kept this thread around just so I can read your updates. So happy she is head down Yeay! And also I love her name! My nieces name is Ava ( not sure if you want your daughters pronounce eve-a or A-va) anyhow, they are both pretty, so excited for you. Not long now girl!!! :)

:hi: so sweet of you! Im glad you are still aroudn the boards hon :friends:

We are pronouncing it ee-vah....can't wait! ahh! it's getting so close! Im excited and nervous all at the same time!

i hope your baby turns!
how far along are you now?

These babies are quite the monkeys...hopefully that means they have a great sense of humor :lol:

Eh depends how you define 'success'. To me, yes I did successfully BF both LOs (one for 5 months the other for 13 months). However I had massively supplement due to a condition know as Insufficient Glandular Tissue. Basically I so everything I can to increase supply but I lack the milk ducts and glands to produce even so my max production is extremely limited. I supplemented my first w formula for 26oz per day. I was also sure to nurse first at every feed tho and in demand. With my second I had to supplement about 20oz per day and I used human donor milk. This time we are using a donor as well (on too of my nursing of course). ...so to some they would say I failed, but to me I know I gave it my best shot
And the I never gave up. Having extreme low milk supply doesn't have to be all or nothing. Every drop counts IMO and I feel things never went as I thought they would but I gave it my full effort and still BFed despite the severely low supply

Thanks finally got my milk but I am not producing the amounts I want so I still have to supplement. Which really sucks. Sometimes I feel I might as well go formula. My doctor explained to me this would be the case because I was a scheduled c section and was not allowed to go into labor. Its really frustrating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->