Travel band problems

LoneWanderer

Reaction score
Not the most important thing I know BUT

So with my first I wore travel sickness wristbands pretty much all of the first five months. No idea if they worked or not but I was never sick, just the odd bit of queasiness. As I've been feeling really sick this time round, I've got some more and to be honest, I have felt a lot better today.

However, where the little bead sits on my wrist, it's really making it itch. Honestly can't decide if that's more uncomfortable than not wearing them, as it's driving me crazy! Don't remember the same last time. Anyone had the same issue? Any tips if so? Grrrr.

Update: the damn things have brought me out in hives on both wrists :o

Do you know if you have a nickel allergy? Can you get hold of a set with a plastic dimple or a covered one? If not you could try painting it with some nail varnish to provide a barrier

These ones are plastic and cotton, that's why I'm confused. I was wearing a wrist brace until recently - carpal tunnel flare up, not PG related - and that was itching like mad too but I expected that as the damn things are uncomfortable. Stopped wearing that for a few weeks, all settled down, but then this wristband itching now is driving me insane! I know itching is a worry in later pregnancy, but not at the start. So weird and annoying :/

That is a bit strange, and you're only getting it in the area that the band is covering? Was it washed before you used it? I'm wondering if it's a reaction to a different detergent...

Only in the same stuff I use for everything else...

Odd, ain't it?

It is quite odd.
How is you ms going without them?
My mums advice to me was to make a flask of tea before I went to bed and keep it and some tea biscuits on my bedside table so that I could have a hot drink and eat something before I moved in the morning. I certainly wasn't sick first thing in the day (just the rest of it). Feels funny to remember it now when I'm looking at my big boy.

With my son last time it barely bothered me, I just ate through it.
This time round it's just AWFUL. Constantly nauseous and off everything.
Watermelon, and lemon squash, seem to help so far. :/

I hope it settles quickly for you, it's such a shame about the bands, maybe worth another wee try but with the band on top of a bit of soft cotton (a strip off an old t shirt or such). I'm really intrigued to know why you are having issues wearing it, or the support, on it. If your sickness gets unbearable please give your midwife or gp a call, I know they are limited in what they can do but you need to be getting enough nutrients to keep yourself healthy too.

Trying wearing them over my sleeves today, looks a bit daft but does seem to have eased the itching.
I'll take it.

So this escalated massively in past 24 hours: yesterday afternoon my hands were bright red, fingers swollen, and itching so much I literally wanted to tear them off. By 10pm laat night it had progressed to a full on hives attack all over my body. Ended up spending the night in a&e, where they've given strong antihistamines and steroids. Today it's all calmed down - except for my wrists where the bands sit, which are still bad. God knows how it's possible to be allergic to a little cotton band with a plastic bobble in - but here I am...

:rofl:

20210124_004517.jpg

Oh no, how awful!!! I'm glad it has settled down but gosh, that's a full on allergic reaction:hugs:I'm so so sorry. I know our immune systems can go a bit haywire during/due to pregnancy, I have a few friends with exacerbated immune responses since starting their family. I hope everything stays calm now and it might be well worth getting booked in for some allergy testing when baby is here.
How is your sickness now, will you manage without the bands?

I feel very sick like 80% of the time... just have to crack on with it I guess haha

I'm sorry to hear that, I hope it improves soon and you get to relax and enjoy your pregnancy. Good luck. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->