Travel Cots

Angelica

Proud mummy :)
Reaction score
Is anyone here using a travel cot as the daily cot until they move lo to the proper cot?

I put my lo in her travel cot last week in my bedroom as im not ready to move her to the proper cot in her own room just yet :(

But now im worried that the travel cot may not be comfy enough to use daily as its quite flat really & doesnt exactly have a mattress...

thoughts pls ladies?? x

I wasn't ready either so I used a travel cot for 1-2 months I think then moved her over. Caitlins always slept on a her fuzzy fluffy blanket which was tucked into the side of the matress. Also you can use a cot matress in a travel cot if the one you have fits ;)

thanks wobbles
no my cot mattress wont fit in travel one

i have also put a fluffy blanket underneath her but i still wonder if its uncomfortable....

My cotbed was a graco it has cotton cover rather than that plastic feel but even still I put a fleeces sheet fitted uner her matress for comfort. I'm sure shes fine :D

How old is she?

Maybe Put a thick blanket down ontop of the mattress then put a sheet opver the top tucked in so shes comfier?

yes thicker blanket sounds good. I also need another one for her to play on when we are downstairs as we have laminate flooring & i dont want her hurting herself..

where to get a good one from??

yes thicker blanket sounds good. I also need another one for her to play on when we are downstairs as we have laminate flooring & i dont want her hurting herself..

where to get a good one from??

Personally i wouldnt buy another travel cot to play in downstairs when u already have one id just get a duvet s theyre quite thick and put it out on the floor for her to play on or even get a nice thick rug alot cheaper hun x

my boy only has a travel cot. Its super comfy for him, we have the same quality mattress in there that he could have in a normal cot. The only downside to a travel cot is that its more work for us parents because its so low to the ground.

Dec used a travel cot from the day he got home from hospital until the day he went into his cot when he was 3.5 months, he loved it, the mattress was comfy but we always put a thick fleece under the sheet to make is softer. I think Dec loved his because it had a night light, music and it vibrated!!! who wouldnt !!! Lol

Jack is in a travel cot, we have a cot mattress in there, so it is just as comfortable for him. We have a cotbed, but it is just too big to fit in our room as it is with our bed wardrobes etc & we only have a 2 bed house, so he will stay in there until we move out of our room & turn it into his. (may be a while yet ... :blush::dohh::rofl:)

hey girls!

i went to mothercare today & saw a travel cot mattress & spoke to 1 of the advisors about it... she said its very important to use this etc etc

She then said that i shouldnt be putting the baby in there every day as it can be damaging for their spine!!!!!! :(

I am still not ready to move her into her own room.... what to do?? :(

we got a travel cot last week for jack to sleep in during the day downstairs. he sleeps fine in it and i just put a fleece blanket over the matress of it. he loves it. although the last couple of days he is narky as he is teething and will only sleep snuggled up to me :dohh: he is used to his cot for just night time and he goes straight to sleep when he goes up, doesn't cry and sleeps all night :happydance:

hey girls!

i went to mothercare today & saw a travel cot mattress & spoke to 1 of the advisors about it... she said its very important to use this etc etc

She then said that i shouldnt be putting the baby in there every day as it can be damaging for their spine!!!!!! :(

I am still not ready to move her into her own room.... what to do?? :(

I agree with that if they are just laying on the thin travel cot mattress, but if they are laying on a proper mattress which is laid on top of the travel cot mattress, I can't see how this would be any different to being in a proper cot. You are getting exactly the same support? The only spinal damage I can see it doing is to me as I have to bend down further to get him in & out!:rofl:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babygiftcoll
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->