Traveling via car with babe.

Moulder86

Fiancé & mum to one
Reaction score
I've got rellies that are about 3 hours away via car, how long would you say is best to leave it till I travel down in the car to see them?

xx

Just wait and see how you feel babes. Everyone is different when it comes to things like that. My friend didn't leave the house for weeks - she just didn't have the confidence. And remember to factor in what you'll do if you hit traffic.
And when you do feel ready - have fun on your holidays!!!!!!

I'm travelling down to skegness next week it will take us 3 and 1/2 hours. I think its entirely down to how you feel. Also, remember that it is not recommended you keep a newborn in a car seat for longer than 2 hours so you will need to plan your journey around service stations to give your LO a break!

xxx

I always stop at the same service station on my way there and back anyway so that's not too bad. Obivously I'll do it when I feel upto it but didn't know if I should leave a month or two or something like that before I travel with bubs. x

My little one will be almost 4 weeks old when i go to skegness. :)

Its just what you feel comfortable with

:hugs:

Definitely agree on the whole comfort level too. Bubs is going to want to eat and when they are newborns...holy smokes...when they want to eat there isn't ANYTHING that can distract them. Will you be going alone? I think if you make plans to stop and nurse/feed and give bubs a break from the carseat you probably can go while he/she is still pretty little. I know for me though it took awhile to even feel like I'd want to do such a thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->