Travelling whilst pregnant

jeanyern123

Reaction score
Last week I travelled both long and short haul alone between countries and I have my retrospect. This is what helped me out travelling whilst pregnant.

PLAY THE PREGNANCY CARD! Can you lift this please, Im pregnant? Can I have a pillow please, Im pregnant? Can I go first please, Im pregnant. Listen to your body if it says don't lift that, then don't and ask for help. If you're hungry eat! If you want a pillow just ask. If you want to sit down, sit. You're not dying but you don't have to suffer so don't be shy to ask for help because you're pregnant.

I ask to board the flight first w the special assistance and older people so I can settle into my seat and not have to rush or squish around people.

Check with your airline about their policy for pregnant women travelling by plane. Most airlines need a doctors certificate stating you're healthy and able to fly. This doesn't usually need to happen till you are over 5 months pregnant but again, check!

Eat well and Sleep well the night before..... Getting on your flight fed, watered and energetically goes without saying you'll have endurance for a long flight.

Wear comfy clothes that aren't tight around the waist. Comfy shoes for walking. Cardigans are easy to slip on and off when you get hot from walking through the airport to your gate which is sometimes very far.

Book a seat w extra leg room or at least the aisle seat..... You'll want to stretch out and pee a lot.

Learn your numbers. Passport number, expiration dates, flight seat, flight number, addresses. I memorised my numbers, so I don't need to fumble in my bag for all the documents.

Only have your essentials in a small bag by your feet. It gets more difficult over time to lift things into the baggage cabinets above, so check in your luggage and only take a small bag of essentials on board.

What are essential items? Food, a neck pillow, small back pillow, reading material, paper and pen, moisturiser, headphones, a warm scarf, heat pack, eye mask for sleeping, small face spritzer or wet wipes.

Don't wear make up so you can regularly spritz your face with water.

Food I took on flight was; a small container of grapes, apple slices, nuts, a chocolate bar, pre-cooked shredded chicken w craisens and an empty water bottle. Most flights let you take food on board however quarantine rules apply when you land so you must leave all uneaten food on the plane unless you declare it. You will not be able to take any liquids on board however you may take the vessel and just get the flight attendant to fill it when you're on board.

Don't be shy to nicely ask for a pillow, blanket or a cuppa tea (even if theres no tea trolley). The flight attendants will help anyone if they can.

Stand up and walk around the plane. After long periods of sitting your legs and back can cease a bit, so stretch, stand up and lunge it out.

Turn your reading light and air con on. The light keeps you from getting headaches due to your eyes stressing in the dimly lit cabin and the air con helps dilute smells which can trigger nausea.

When you get off the plane make sure your travel documents are ready for easy processing through customs. This is again where you'll find comfy shoes and a cardigan handy cause the lines can sometimes be long and you can get hot n bothered.

Have your pick up really well organised. The last thing you'll want to do wait around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->