Trayvon Martin Shooting

SilasLove

Mom of 4
Reaction score
https://www.hlntv.com/clusters/trayvon-martin-shooting

I am not trying to bring a debate on here. Just wanted to know how everyone is feeling about this case? I realize that there are other cases that deserve this type of national coverage and outrage but I feel very outraged by this case.

As a mother of mixed-race children I fear for my children because when someone looks at them they will see an African American for the most part. I just fear that one day I will be forced to tell my children not to dress a certain way, talk a certain way etc. And I know the way that police officers are with black men and women, I have experienced it first hand being with a black man.

I have heard they had a rally in London for Trayvon. I guess I feel so strongly about this case because I can easily see my son as Trayvon in 15 yrs. And the fact that a jury is not deciding a guilty or not guilty is wrong. xx

why are guns still legal in america?! ridiculous that a man can carry a gun on a neighbourhood watch!

I can see this becoming a debate unfortunately. I agree with blah though about carrying guns.

I don't know about you but I don't want MY gun rights taken away.. there are responsible people who like to hunt and want protection.. given I'm not going to go hunting kids wearing hoodies in the street, but if somebody breaks into my home I want my right to protect myself.. even if I have to shoot them in the leg to subdue them.. it's not like I'm going to go around murdering people.

responsible people should not pay for irresponsible people's mistakes.

Id rather just invest in good locks and alarms so i dont need to shoot someone :thumbup: I find the self defense argument a bit odd tbh.

& i find hunting horrid BUT i know people enjoy it so they should be allowed a gun when out hunting, not walking around the streets armed.

The second amendment protects the right to bare arms in the United States. I appreciate that as a US citizen but I wish the laws would be reevaluated and I wish it were more difficult to obtain a gun. A friend of mine just bought one and all he had to do was wait two weeks for a background check to clear. If guns are completely outlawed then the only people that will own guns will have obtained them illegally and I wouldn't want to live in a world like that.

I do not live in a rural area, I do not hunt and I do not shoot guns for target practice. Even when I was living with my ex and spending the majority of my nights alone I wouldn't have felt any safer with a gun. If anything I would fear having my own gun turned on myself in the event an intruder would break into my home.

As for this case, I made snap judgments in the beginning but now more and more conflicting details are emerging. My heart breaks for Trayvon's family and unfortunately I do not think he will ever have justice.

Wow, I didnt even realize that there are other parts of the world where owning a gun is difficult to do :shock: I am with megrenade, totally not getting into this debate because thats what this case will do to you

Situations like this that happen far to frequently was exactly why I took a couple of deep breaths when I found out I was having a boy. It is not easy for Black females but it just seems like our men are hunted. Bottom line to me is NO ONE should kill unarmed kids, point blank period. Why was it necessary to shoot to kill? As a mother of a Black male it scares me to death because not every case involved a boy dressed like a "hoodlum".

And even if it did, should someone be killed for clothes?

At the end of the day zimmerman should of waited for police (like he was told to by them anyway) what need did he have to go chasing the young boy and then shoot to kill....?

so sad. its wrong all wrong and i hope they get justice. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->