Treadmill vs Elliptical

mrsthomas623

MommyToNolanAndPregnant!
Reaction score
Just started working out and am really self conscious about doing it in public. I am doing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred but also want to do some cardio on my off days. If I were to buy a machine would you recommend a treadmill or an elliptical?

Thanks ladies!:flower:

Hm it depends. Some people prefer the treadmill because you see results quicker but I personally hate it. I hate the stitches, the out of breath, the chance you could fall over at any second. Hate it. Totally prefer the elliptical, means I can keep going for quite a long period of time with no aches and pains. Good for toning i've noticed. :)

I'm having this debate myself and while I much prefer ellipticals (better on my knees + I feel I get a better workout) I'm going to get a treadmill because my baby is less likely to hurt herself as it has less moving parts. I just think all the ellipticals I've see have potentially finger pinchy/ head bumpy parts. Not that I'm wanting her to play on or around it, but kids get into things. :shrug:

I'm having this debate myself and while I much prefer ellipticals (better on my knees + I feel I get a better workout) I'm going to get a treadmill because my baby is less likely to hurt herself as it has less moving parts. I just think all the ellipticals I've see have potentially finger pinchy/ head bumpy parts. Not that I'm wanting her to play on or around it, but kids get into things. :shrug:

That is part of my struggle too. But I am putting in our bedroom where Nolan is not unsupervised there. I was talking to a friend and she told me on my off days to still try and walk 2 miles. So I am thinking it is easier to walk on a treadmill but I have always used an elliptical when working out because it is so much easier on the knees. But I also like the fact that the treadmill has an incline option.

Sigh... definitely cannot afford both! :haha:

I love the elliptical! I go to the gym 6 times a week, Their elliptical has ressistance, and incline. The incline can go so high it feels like your running with your knees high. To me its the same workout as the treadmill, except the elliptical is not harsh on my knees like the treadmill

Elliptical by far. For me it's a much harder workout because you have the arms going too and you can up the resistance.

I have both and I am actually scared to use my treadmill now because one day a few months ago I was jogging on it and Emma was beside me playing. Well I looked down to check my stats and in that short time of me looking down Emma got behind me and shoved her hand underneath and got a severe friction burn. :cry: It was a hospital trip I really didn't need bc DH had just deployed a few days before this as well. But the lady there said they have about 5 treadmill accidents with kids every week there in the hospital. :wacko: So it happens quite a bit! So no matter what you get, please be very very careful. I always said stuff like that would never happen with Emma bc I am literally always with her but alas, it happened and I can't take it back.

:hugs: I read that in the milky mommy weight loss thread so now I'm rethinking. I'm unlikely to be working out except when Lucy is napping so for me I'm more concerned about her doing herself damage if she pulls herself up on it, falls under a foot pedal thing etc when it's not in motion.

I prefer the elliptical, I tried both before I bought an elliptical, and I honestly prefer my elliptical. Treadmill leaves me out of breath and with leg pains

I should be receiving my treadmill this friday and it comes with Jillian Micheals exercises... did you decide what you're going to get?

Thanks so much girls. I think I am going to go with the elliptical but wait a bit so we can save up to get a nice one! I really want it for winter time where I cannot get out and walk with Nolan so this should give me a lot of time to save $$!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->