Trial and Error or still not ready?

charlotteb24

Noah & William's Mummy
Reaction score
This weaning milarkie seems to be mightly difficult!

Noah over the past few weeks has been showing signs of being ready to again start a few bits and pieces of prueed foods. He took apple and banana puree really well of a spoon once and seemed to really enjoy it, since that day he has never been willing again!

He will sit and try and grab things off of my plate etc and look really interested in food but as soon as we try to feed him foods with a spoon he clams up.

Candidate for BLW? or still not ready? help! lol! :dohh:

Maybe just not ready id say. Give it a week and try again?

I'd just keep offering him food from a spoon without any pressure to actually eat anything and he should soon get used to the idea :lol: Or even just tastes of new things from your finger if he'll allow that anywhere near his mouth ...when you've had nothing but milk for months anything new in the mouth must seem a bit strange! x

I don't know much about BLW really but sounds like that might be good for him. hayden just refused to eat completely, we started at 6mo but he didn't eat until 9mo, he had no interest in anything but nursing. We just offered a couple times a week until he took to it, just never pushed it

It is still a bit on the early side tbh. Maybe wait a week or so and then try BLW. Weaning doesn't have to be a battle and BLW doesn't just work for babies who refuse the spoon, it's ideal for most babies and families :winkwink:

thanks everyone!
I think he is titering on the edge of being ready, some days he will and some days he won't so we shall see! its so difficult, the last thing i want to do is give him a complex about eating so I definatly won't push it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->