Trick or treaters....?

MrsBop

Mummy of 2
Reaction score
Does anyone else hate it? I'm already dreading Halloween, the constant knocking, setting the dog off and waking my youngest up :growlmad:

I like Halloween but thats only becuse I have older kids too take out, Just put a big sign on your door saying Baby sleeping please do not knock..........I know it might not be 100% fool proof but might help ya :D

I like Halloween but thats only becuse I have older kids too take out, Just put a big sign on your door saying Baby sleeping please do not knock..........I know it might not be 100% fool proof but might help ya :D

I've done that the past 3 years :rofl:

I love Halloween as it's my sons birthday, but am dreading trick or treaters as I will have 2 tired, grumpy kids who I will be calming down after a busy day and don't want kids banging on my door demanding sweets all night. x x x

I loooove Halloween! But I really don't agree with trick or treating. I don't understand why parents want their kids wandering knocking on random doors :shrug: why don't they just buy them sweets themselves?

IT'S FUN!!! ...........my girls love trick or treating and i think its just fun and exciting for children...............we only knock on decorated houses as they are obviously the ones who also love the fun and excitement of halloween x

it dont really bother me.

Its only one night a year and a bit of fun :) my LO dont wake up easily though and is a late bedtimer. Last year there were SO many kids doing trick or treating. all the neighbours where out so we put LOs halloween costume on and went out side to chat to the neighbours and he loved watching all the different costumes going past :)

I love it and was expecting loads last year when we moved in because there's a lot of kids round here, had sweets and everything but not one single person knocked...I don't know what we did wrong.:haha:

I quite like it but only young children between reasonable hours. 5-7ish. Older teenagers try it on then I'll tell them bugger off :) lol x

I LOVE trick or treating! It's so much fun! When I was younger, we never had candy for trick or treaters as we were always out so we would turn all the lights off. Generally if the lights are off, *MOST* kids know not to come but there will be some! :roll:

I'm not looking forward to it really, we don't live in the best area! We might get a few sweets in, not too sure yet. I just don't like it when teenagers come round because it is more of a kids thing :) x

I despise it. Mostly cause my girls are in bed after half 6 and they all come after 7. I'llnever take my girls trick or treating, don't think it's right to go knocking on strangers doors ( don't mind people you do know).

for the first time in ages i wasn't working last year so got 1 bucket and 2 big bags of sweeties. i bet we had 4 kids if that knocking they were taking one lollypop each so when they were walking back down the street later on I went outside and started dishing out handfuls (i asked their dad first!) still had loads left over. i wouldnt do it this year now we've moved back down to my dads as it's usually teenagers (old enough to know better) with a bin bag thrown over them holding their hands out for money.

Ahh I used to love it. I'd take Lucas now but no-one does it where we live anymore (apart from a few hardfaced teenagers :wacko:)

I always get sweets in. I love seeing all the little ones dressed up. I stop answering the door after 7ish though because then it is just the teenagers.

I hate trick or treating. I always close our gates and put a baby sleeping notice on them. It's worked for the last 4 years we've lived here lol.

I'm so glad that this year i am going to be abroad :)

I love halloween! I think I might actually prefer it to Christmas. The area I grew up in in London was full of American families so all the streets around us would close off and there would be a big halloween street party and loads of houses with scary grottos and stuff. So fun! I also have Canadian parents so their love of Halloween was instilled into us from a young age :haha: And pumpkin carving is always such a good fun. I always get loads of sweets and get sad when not many kids knock round :haha: I can't wait to take Ivy trick or treating this year.

And I love trick or treating too and the idea that strangers are all joining in on the fun together :) We were taught never to knock on doors when the houses don't have pumpkins outside though. I don't get why anyone would feel strongly against trick or treating, its fun :shrug:

No one knocks here, which is disappointing.

We take our LO's to my Mum's as the whole street get decorated, all the little children go in a big group trick or treating together (with a few adults of course), so it is a safe fun thing for them :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->