Trick or treaters....?

I love it! I'm so sad to see that so many parents hate it though, OH and I were just lamenting that Halloween is not like it used to be, we were all out till midnight, ringing doorbells, now we get a few children and it stops around 8 :(
Halloween is one of my best childhood memories, we already had our baby's costume in August so he's ready to go!
I even give candy to adults and older children if they're dressed up just for keeping the tradition alive :)

I love it! I'm so sad to see that so many parents hate it though, OH and I were just lamenting that Halloween is not like it used to be, we were all out till midnight, ringing doorbells, now we get a few children and it stops around 8 :(
Halloween is one of my best childhood memories, we already had our baby's costume in August so he's ready to go!
I even give candy to adults and older children if they're dressed up just for keeping the tradition alive :)

Halloween isn't popular at all in the UK :(

No one knocks here, which is disappointing.

We take our LO's to my Mum's as the whole street get decorated, all the little children go in a big group trick or treating together (with a few adults of course), so it is a safe fun thing for them :)

You should go to Fulham or Barnes! Best places for trick or treating :)

Lou me and my friends use to start off in Chiswick and then make our way to Barnes Bridge area and Barnes :)

Eeeeek you didn't walk through barnes common did you? That would scare me on any night! Keith from Prodigy lives in Barnes and gave us gummy worms one year - shame that I was already so scared of him because of the firestarter video that i didn't really appreciate it :haha:

Looove halloween :D its just a fun night. last year was the 1st time I took the kids trick or treating and cant wait to do it again this year :D we are only out for an hour or so and its loads of fun painting the kids faces and getting their outfits on and carving the pumpkin! :) they will go to a few houses in the street, get lots of sweeties then come home and have hotdogs and spooky cakes and play games :)

I get sweets in for any little kids who come knocking but i just ignore secondary age teenagers and I don't take my LOs out.

i dnt take em out, but do dress em up, anyone knocking after 8pm will get a right gob full :haha:

I'm not a big fan, it was never really celebrated when I was a kid and I doubt I'd do it with Tessa.

We do normally get some sweets in just in case but my OH normally eats them before the 31st anyway :haha: so we pretend to be out, lol!!!

I love it i always get it massive bags of sweets and give them all a big handful each but have to save some for.myself lol.
This year wil be LO's first trick or treating.

I remember one halloween we were at my nan and grandads house and my grandad HATES halloween.

I remember he was all grumpy because he was spending the evening opening the door to comp-lain to the children for knocking and to tell them to go away.

Then there was a knock on the door and he sent me to tell them to go away :shock: i really didnt want to as i love halloween so i was planning on opening the door and saying 'sorry a grumpy old man lives here and wont let me give you sweets' :haha:

anyways i opened the door to be greated with the tiniest little girl ever dressed up all cute as a little witch :cloud9: she must have been about 3 and super cute and just quietly said 'trick or treat please'

i was like AWWWW!!!!! and i said hang on wait there sweety and i went storming back inside and said 'im ignoring you grandad im not being mean to a 3 year old! and i raided the cupboards to find something suitable for her.

my nan giggled and looked at my grandad in a 'haha you got told' kind of way

I'm not a fan of halloween, though do make sure to have some sweets in and get DH to open the door when kids knock. I refuse to do it myself, due to a fear of speaking to people (and kids alike). Not looking forward to it what so ever this year though, being due on halloween and planning a home birth... can't quite imagine how much the knocking on the door will annoy me if I'm in the middle of labour.

Will also need to remember to disconnect the door bell so it doesn't wake up the little madam in the evening.

The first couple are fun.... Then it gets annoying, especially when they're 15 yr old chavs that have just bought a crap plastic mask from the corner shop!

Personally I hate Halloween. I get sweets in for people that knock but we don't get many here. We had eggs thrown at our house last year and also alot when I was growing up which is disgusting so that puts me off.

I hate it too. Gonna be sad this year though as it's the date my angel would have been here. :(

We do not open the door, close our curtains and normally no one turns up anyway.
I think that kids knocking on doors of strangers is actually asking for trouble unless a parent is out with them.

In our village one of my 5 year old sisters school friends died after a halloween accident. He was covered with a sheet being a ghost and he went up in flames. Friends of ours rushed out and smoothered the flames getting burn badly themselves (real scars of love!)
the lad was taken to a burns unit and lingered form nearly a month before dying.
As a result of this the church and the school set up a childrens party night. There is an infant party followed by a junior party where they go all out to provide fun with a theme.
90% of the schools children attend and look forward to it each year.

I really don't like it either, it's not something we ever did as kids and I can't see me ever taking Erin to do it.

We don't answer the door.

We will be taking the kids to a halloween party at a friends house. I won't be taking them trick or treating.

Last year i completely forgot (had a death in the family) so i didnt get anything in, answered the door and said sorry i have nothing to give....car and house gets egged!

I can't stand Halloween either, no offense but it's not really a UK thing, more of a USA thing that just somehow came to UK.

I'm in a bad part of London where teenagers egg you if you answer the door, they don't want treats at all, just want to see what mug will answer the door to them. If you ignore them you get egged too so you can't win. One idiot egged my car windscreen while I was driving, nearly caused me an accident!

In this day and age I think it is wrong to be knocking on strangers doors, even if supervised by a parent. It's scrounging and bothering people in some cases imo and should be discouraged!

Just my opinion, I hate Halloween so much because where I live it is a bad experience and celebrating monsters and ghosts etc seems a load of nonsense to me anyway tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->