Tricked Myself Knowingly

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
This is quite hard for me to fess up about but well it helps too ...

Quitting the habit is sooo hard - main problem being my OH can't handle me quitting I get 'really' ratty with him & by the time I've wound him up he ends up biting back (don't blame him) & then I get annoyed with him & need my habit of getting out of room & calming down with a ciggy!

The hypnotheropy didn't work for me personally but maybe it did in a small way because it has played on my mind.

Anyway because I smoked so much about a year ago i cut down to 'smooth' which is half the tar contents as normal ciggys - being 5mg tar, 0.5mg nicotine & 6mg carbon monoxide. No idea what the normal ciggys hold but I believe its double BUT ... I realised yesterday that silk cut do a silk cut silver personally didn't think silk cut went any lower than the normal low tar ciggys but they do!!!! 1mg tar 0.1mg nicotine & 1mg carbon monoxide really really low!!

Basically I have realised from doing this that it is pure 'habit' I mean its like fresh air I seriously may as well go outside & breathe in the air :lol: which is making it pointless to go outside an have one :D

I think its based on each cigarette?? So even if I smoked 20 it would give me less tar etc than 10 smooths but based on 10 a day (which i cut to from 40) for example my tar intake would be 10mg but 10 smooths it would be 50mg ...

I wish I'd done this sooner because seriously I am sat thinking ok I have them but theres no point it feels like im smoking nothing & it is just HABIT ...

I switched to silk cut silver and my god you nearly pull you lungs out don't you??

It is hard to quit i know, am sat here with a packet of fags on table:blush:

You have done really well so far and we both know a lot of it is just habit, but if you can 'trick yourself' its ok

You'll be suprised though how you get used to them and a 'normal' cig with make you gag

keep up the good work babe:hugs:

Oh no Jo did you not get there with those micro things?

I started off really well,went about 3 weeks then OH had some holidays to take and we were out and about and it just started as the odd 1 on a night and has slowly crept back up to at least 10 a day
I am absolutly kicking myself for it, but for some reason i'm not in the right place to quit again if that makes sense

I bought these herbal patches last week to find I shouldn't really use them. If I can't shift them I will send you em :D

Aww thanks hun, I found the tabs really good, but if i am honest i enjoy smoking and on a vain point i piled loads of weight on nibbling, so wasn't happy with that either, i developed a right muffin top LOL

Have you tried accupuncture Wobbles? I've heard it is great to kick the habbit - though I haven't tried it myself - i'm sitting here with a pack of cigs on the table too - oops.

I know I'll do it .... think what I'm doing now isn't perfect but I'm trying & seem to be getting clsoer an closer :D

A muffin top Jo? :rofl:

if you think its just habbit and the light ciggys have no affect on you, then why not buy one of those crave away cigs, they work on tehg habbit, as in you have them in your hand and still take puffs on them, but they have no tar etc in them atall

https://www.health4youonline.com/personal_care_crafe_away.htm

x

do u like the fag in ur hand like u have a brew and a fag why not try the nictone stick thingy ???

Think I my have done the trick - I'm really not getting the nicotine I'm sue to ... far from it & lay in bed last night before drifting off quite confident I could go without because I may as well be with these :D

sounds good so far :D

how many have you had today then?

x

Well done babe, that is great
although count may have gone up slightly know :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->