Tricky question -stopped BC

LisaZ

1 DD - 3 years old - 2 MC in 2020 - TTC baby #2
Reaction score
when you stop taking birth control pills is there a chance you can ovulate sooner than the typical cycle and cycle tracker would say? For instance I stopped Birth control February 5, had a period around my normal time That was my typical light AF, ttc after AF ended, AF came back around my normal time but this time it was the heaviest I’ve ever been, mainly due to being on BC 2 years solid after my first
born, And now AF is done and the wait for my fertile window is here. However, I am Feeling all the fertile/ovulation symptoms and my opk tests are pretty dark for just being off of AF.

Absolutely! Your hormones are trying to balance, it's a wonky time for sure.

Hay hon
Yeah the pill can make things a bit off for sure.
I stopped the mini pill back in feb and had what I thought was my first period off the pill a few days after stopping it.
I had what I think was a postive OPK on cycle day 10. Which is early for me.
Then on cycle day 24 I started bleeding again and it was so heavy with clots and it lasted 8 days it was awful. Worst period I've had in ages. I then got a supper postive OPK on day 13.
Thought my period was due around day 24 but I'm on day 27 now and nothing. Pregnancy tests are all negative.
Wondering now if that first bleed after stopping the pill was just a withdrawal bleed. That wud explain why I started bleeding on day 24 of my cycle which seems supper early.
Thinking my cycles have now gone back to the normol 28/29 day.

Are you temping as well hon because that will help to confirm if u have ovulated.
I use a app called fatilty friend I highly recommend it.
Good luck hon.
What pill was u on? I was on cerazette 75mg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"