Tried 100 prenatals can't tolerate any! Help!

laila 44

Reaction score
I'm so discouraged. I think I've tried every prenatal pill on the market including organic ones and now I'm trying pregvit again. It makes me feel sick :( I just can't tolerate them for some reason doesn't matter which they all make me nauseous and sick with a queasy stomach. I just did bloods and my CBC is great no low iron nothing just need some extra vit d which I'm taking it doesn't bother me. I know I no longer need the folic but with winter coming I just figured I could use the extra vitamins! Urgh. I'm so frustrated. Looks like I'll have to go through yet another pregnancy with no prenatals besides folic. I just cannot tolerate any! Anyone else :cry:

I feel your pain.. I'm having a tough time with them too. I've tried quite a few as well.. these ones don't make me as ill as the others.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VFYYAC4?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00
but you have to take SIX!!!! They don't taste great, but not as terrible as some of the others I've tried. Some people seem to love them but I'm not a fan of gummies in general.

i take these ones:

https://www.amazon.com/Vitafusion-P...4948&sr=1-1&keywords=gummie+prenatal+vitamins

i'm sure some people will judge me because they're not organic or non-gmo, etc, etc, but they're the only brand i've been able to hold down. and i have crohn's disease, so i need any extra vitamins i can get! :)

I use this, easy on my stomach :

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00X...t+prenatal&dpPl=1&dpID=416xt0tDK1L&ref=plSrch

And the dha:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00Z...t+prenatal&dpPl=1&dpID=410MpHcmR4L&ref=plSrch

Jtink, I hope no one here would judge you, you have to do what works best for you!!! :hugs:

Thanks girls I'm looking into them now

I take platinum easymulti, Vit C 500mg & bio-strath (swiss elixir).

Last pregnancy I was in yr boat and any multivitamin made me sick. Now I can take them.

Bio-strath is swiss made & completely natural. It's not a pregnancy vitamin but gives your system a backup. Read up on it. It comes in either pill, sirop (love it) & drops. I even give it to my 3 yr old when he has cold or snotty nose. He hardly ever gets ill.

I'm having the same problem! My SIL just told me about these:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005JAT3TU?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00

She said they were the only ones she could tolerate and she tried so many. I just ordered them so fx they won't make me so nauseous.

i take these ones:

https://www.amazon.com/Vitafusion-P...4948&sr=1-1&keywords=gummie+prenatal+vitamins

i'm sure some people will judge me because they're not organic or non-gmo, etc, etc, but they're the only brand i've been able to hold down. and i have crohn's disease, so i need any extra vitamins i can get! :)

Thanks so much. I just told my parents to pick up some as they are in the USA. I think gummies will work well xx

I know it's not a prenatal vitamin and I may get some negativity for this, but if you can't find any that you can stomach, try flintstones vitamins if there is any where you live! An older lady I work with told me that she gives them to her daughter (daughter is pregnant) because she cant stomach prenatals.

I don't take a prenatal vitamin.
What about tailoring your diet to be more nutrient rich? It is fairly easy because you just cut out X and eat more of Y.

For example, reducing empty carbs like bread, rice, pasta, also not eating too many beans, legumes or potato and instead eating meat, veggies and some fruit as the majority of your diet.
Be sure to eat enough food fats from 100% butter (grassfed), Olive Oil, coconut oil, avocado, fatty fish, a few nuts like almond.

For optimal digestion add probiotics and/ or enzymes if you'd like.

To me that sounds like a better option than feeling sick over prenatals...that are usually not even well absorbed...just an idea :shrug:

I was using the vitafusion ones originally but after about 2 weeks they started making me sick as well.

What time of day are you taking them? I still have continuous nausea but I take my prenatals in the evening with my main meal and they don't seem to have any affect on the sickness.

Jtink I take those same gummies too!

I don't have a problem with prenatals as long as I take them with a meal. I hope you have some luck with the gummy ones!

Gosh I hope so! It's my last resort. Not trying any others after this! So gross.

I second taking them at night with/after a meal or filling snack. As you know I also have HG and still constantly nauseated, but I take the OneADay prenatals with DHA. It's a large pill but doesn't bother me for whatever reason.

Have you tried the Garden of Life organic raw whole food prenatals? They are on the pricey side, but you can buy them cheaper on Amazon. I think they are magic!

What about tailoring your diet to be more nutrient rich? It is fairly easy because you just cut out X and eat more of Y.

For example, reducing empty carbs like bread, rice, pasta, also not eating too many beans, legumes or potato and instead eating meat, veggies and some fruit as the majority of your diet.
Be sure to eat enough food fats from 100% butter (grassfed), Olive Oil, coconut oil, avocado, fatty fish, a few nuts like almond.

To me that sounds like a better option than feeling sick over prenatals...that are usually not even well absorbed...just an idea :shrug:

I heartily second this. The only prenatals I am taking are folic acid and iodine, because I have thoroughly researched the foods I eat and those were the two areas I fall short on.

Eggs, avocado, meat, fish, nuts, seeds, veg etc are so nutritionally dense. Can't go wrong. I don't eat fruit myself unless it's the odd strawberry, but I am probably eating at a lower carb level than Marumi.

Later on I hope to do the eating the right stuff instead of prenatals, but for now there are few foods I can keep down. And most veg is at the bottom of the list! Before pregnancy I was a total rabbit but now almost anything except snap peas, raw carrots, and artichokes makes me puke. Even plain lettuce is a no go!

I heartily second this. The only prenatals I am taking are folic acid and iodine, because I have thoroughly researched the foods I eat and those were the two areas I fall short on.

Eggs, avocado, meat, fish, nuts, seeds, veg etc are so nutritionally dense. Can't go wrong. I don't eat fruit myself unless it's the odd strawberry, but I am probably eating at a lower carb level than Marumi.

I don't eat that much fruit either but more than someone who eats LC for sure. Also because I eat honey. I might be in the moderate carb range for Paleos :)
I assume for someone on HC diet a sudden drop in carbs during pregnancy would not be good (I tried in my first pregnancy and failed bc of blood sugar) so I think the OP should simply eat less of these simply to get more nutrient dense foods :thumbup:, not needing supplements or maybe just a bit of folic acid, fish oil etc.

Jinxii
Last pregnancy I was hardly able to stomach anything and even in the second and third trimester still had aversions.
This time I noticed that as a long as I stay on a moderate carb level, I don't feel sick. I tend to buy a bit of non Paleo foods about once a week...a croissant, a cookie etc. but during the first trimester too much of high carb and sugary food would bring on nausea. Whenever I raised my blood sugar above a certain level I felt sick. But by avoiding these I had no MS or any like problems during the first trimester and great appetite. I even gained a bit too much :blush: (which I have no idea where it went lol, non visible gain)

Interestingly enough though I just got my prenatal blood work back and they screen for every vitamin deficiency etc. I have to say mine were great. I was only low on vid D which we all are so technically if u eat well etc u don't need any prenatal after folic in first trimester. I will still try the gummy ones but my dr said it's really not necessary ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->