Tried 100 prenatals can't tolerate any! Help!

I don't take a prenatal vitamin.
What about tailoring your diet to be more nutrient rich? It is fairly easy because you just cut out X and eat more of Y.

For example, reducing empty carbs like bread, rice, pasta, also not eating too many beans, legumes or potato and instead eating meat, veggies and some fruit as the majority of your diet.
Be sure to eat enough food fats from 100% butter (grassfed), Olive Oil, coconut oil, avocado, fatty fish, a few nuts like almond.

For optimal digestion add probiotics and/ or enzymes if you'd like.

To me that sounds like a better option than feeling sick over prenatals...that are usually not even well absorbed...just an idea :shrug:

I heartily second this. The only prenatals I am taking are folic acid and iodine, because I have thoroughly researched the foods I eat and those were the two areas I fall short on.

Eggs, avocado, meat, fish, nuts, seeds, veg etc are so nutritionally dense. Can't go wrong. I don't eat fruit myself unless it's the odd strawberry, but I am probably eating at a lower carb level than Marumi.

I don't eat that much fruit either but more than someone who eats LC for sure. Also because I eat honey. I might be in the moderate carb range for Paleos :)
I assume for someone on HC diet a sudden drop in carbs during pregnancy would not be good (I tried in my first pregnancy and failed bc of blood sugar) so I think the OP should simply eat less of these simply to get more nutrient dense foods :thumbup:, not needing supplements or maybe just a bit of folic acid, fish oil etc.

Jinxii
Last pregnancy I was hardly able to stomach anything and even in the second and third trimester still had aversions.
This time I noticed that as a long as I stay on a moderate carb level, I don't feel sick. I tend to buy a bit of non Paleo foods about once a week...a croissant, a cookie etc. but during the first trimester too much of high carb and sugary food would bring on nausea. Whenever I raised my blood sugar above a certain level I felt sick. But by avoiding these I had no MS or any like problems during the first trimester and great appetite. I even gained a bit too much :blush: (which I have no idea where it went lol, non visible gain)

I have gone up in carbs for sure, I was around 20g total per day but more like 70g now which is high for me. That is why I mentioned higher carb foods like avos, nuts seeds etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->