Tried everything and stuck!

littlelady

Reaction score
Ok so about a month ago i posted on here i was trying controlled crying method and its not worked its made things worse my son for the past few weeks has been going to bed at usual time 7:30pm - 8pm and waking up an hour later wanting to come out and play and screams in his cot untill 2am if i dont go get him he doesnt get the idea and go back to sleep no matter how many times i try settling him.

Anyway so hes waking up after 1 hours sleep around 9pm and staying awake till 2am then getting up at 8am again and has 1 hour sleep in the day about 1:30pm after his dinner

i have tried everything from changing his diet to controlled crying ive tried tiring him out chasing him in his tunnel etc he just seems to never loose energy i mean hes getting 8-9 hours sleep in 24 hours he used to get about 15 hours im really at my witts end now my health visitor just tells me to not let him sleep so much in the day but he only has 1 hour sleep hes not even 1 yet and i dont expect him to go all day with no sleep even if he comes into my bed he just jumps up laughing etc ive tried giving him more and less naps in the day i really am starting to get stressed for it as he was in such a great routine he loved it and i dont understand whats happened

if anyone has any ideas i really neeeed help im so stuck

How old is he?

Jasmine doesnt go to bed until after 10 right now...

hes 11 n half months but hes always slept through so i know thats not the issue x

hmm thats strange! Could he be teething? Does he get lots of solids etc? Do you have a routine you do?

yes he has a routine every night has tea about 5ish then bath at 6ish then he watches in the night garden with me on the sofa to auieten down then goes to bed about 7 half 7 and normally hes out till 7am its like a sudden sleeping problem its only just started happening never had problems before!! really need help as hes still wide awake im not sure to wake him at 6am try getting him back into it as woke him at 8am today or hed have slept 12 hours from when he went to sleep maybe 1am tonight if im lucky!!!

oh and he gets plenty of solid food 3-4 meals a day and snacks inbetween also teeth have never bothered him even when he has calpol and gel etc hes still sat happy wanting to play so im pretty sure its not the teeth thats the problem or hed not stop crying but he does lol

I've had problems with Kaya's sleeping. My suggestion is that he's over tired, this results in bad sleeping. What I did with Kaya was I took her up for a nap as soon as she looked tired (rubbing eyes, getting a bit wingy etc) and I would lie down with her until she fell asleep. This got her sleeping from one nap a day to two or three hour long naps, which had the knock on effect of her sleeping better at night. We've since worked on her just being put down for a nap, but at the time the priority was to get her sleeping well.

you may find that he is cutting molar teeth, and that is unsettling his routine.

I was told that all sorts of things can have an effect. Teeth, even if you can't see them or feel them, hurt like hell when they are moving down the gums. If he is walking or starting to then they can start to get seperation anxiety and just want to know you are there. Hope you sort things out.

I was told that all sorts of things can have an effect. Teeth, even if you can't see them or feel them, hurt like hell when they are moving down the gums. If he is walking or starting to then they can start to get seperation anxiety and just want to know you are there. Hope you sort things out.

he has got clingy this week never been like that before wants pickiung up all the time and cries when hes put down he keeps wanting tio sit on the sofa with me but even when i bring him into my bed hes still wide awake jumping around so really not sure cant see or feel anything coming through but gave him some calpol tonight as had a red hot red cheek all day he went to bed at 6:30pm im hoping he doesnt wake up soon thanks ladies x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->