Trigger shot tips?

Dandi

Reaction score
I have to give myself my first trigger shot tomorrow (intramuscular) and I'm freaking out. My DH has been giving me my subcutaneous shots, but he won't be around when I have to trigger. I'm a ridiculous needlephobe and I'm so scared to jam myself with the long hcg needle. The checking for the blood return is particularly nauseating to think about. I'm trying to decide if butt or thigh will be better. Any pointers or tips from ladies who have had to self inject intramuscularly?

I don't think I'm much help since my trigger was subcutaneous... But I wanted to wish you good luck! It won't be as bad as you think!

Relax and do not tense up.. Put all your weight on the opposite leg and wiggle your foot while doing the shot... My first shot I was tense and it hurt the next day.. Dh did it for me..

Dandi how did it go?? I will have to take my trigger shot intramuscular this cycle and I'm scared too!

I totally lucked out and the pharmacy gave me a subq needle by accident. I went ahead and did it with that on time and when I called my nurse later to tell her, she said it would be fine. Phew! I'm not looking forward to next month though.

So lucky! My confidence is going down the tubes with these injections. They didn't hurt as much in the beginning. Now even with icing my stomach, it seems I keep finding bad spots because it hurts and then I bleed. Has anyone else bled alittle with their injections?

Yes, I bleed a little with my tummy injections. I read that if you stretch the skin out tight instead of pinching a piece up, it bleeds less and hurts less. I did that with my trigger last week and it didn't bleed.

I will try that tonight. I appreciate the suggestion. I see you are doing IUI this cycle? How did it go for you? What was your post washed count?? I'm stimming for my second cycle of IUI.

So far so good I guess. The actual iui was so much easier than I expected in my mind. I didn't get an u/s the day of to see where my follicles ended up though, so that was disappointing. I was a slow grower this cycle, so I got an extra shot of gonal f on cd 13 and then triggered on cd15. Post wash numbers were 23.5, so I'm hoping all of the good sperm help our chances this month.

I see that it says your had failed ovulation last iui cycle, what happened?

I had my first IUI in october. 4 days later my blood work revealed I never ovulated. (my progesterone levels were less than 3). I went back in for another ultrasound and it showed I still had a follicle measuring 21mm. The doctor had me trigger again that night and we did a second IUI the next morning. 4 days later, my blood work indicated I STILL did not ovulate. The doctor thinks that I didn't ovulate because I didn't have any mature follicles. What they initially believed to be a 21 mm follie was probably a cyst. So frustrating.

They are concerned because I have 31 eggs this cycle and they don't want to overstimulate me, so they are reluctant to increase my dose of gonal f, but clearly the 50iu didnt work! So I started 75iu this month and after 3 days they already told me to go back to 50iu. I have one follicle 11x10mm and its CD 10. It's not like I have 5 or 6 mature eggs happening. I just don't want this cycle to be a bust again.

Oh no! How disappointing to go through the full cycle only to find out you didn't ovulate. I'm sorry that happened.

31 follies, wow! I hope that one in the lead grows. That's just a bit bigger than my largest follicle at cd10 and by cd 13, I had one more 50ui of gonal f on cd13 and then triggered on cd15. Good luck, please post back with updates!

you as well! I really hope you get your bfp!!!

I'm relieved to say the intramuscular shot was not bad at all!! I iced my butt for 15 minutes so I could barely feel a thing!! And I told DH not to show me the needle beforehand, which I think helped keep me calm. I am so thankful it went smoothly!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->