Triple Tests For Downs And Nuchal Fold Scans

Spunky Cupkake

Reaction score
If you are offered the triple test for the high/low risk for downs do you think that you should be offered a nuchal fold scan too ?

the nuchal fold cant be done after 14 weeks
triple test for downs is between 15 wks and 18 weeks

i refused to have these test, as if the baby had downs i would still have had the baby, he/she would have been loved no matter what the out come.

Don't get option of nuchal scan here only bloods. If had option of scan may have had it done, then considered bloods. Didn't have triple test as if came back high risk wouldn't have done amnio as would have kept aby anyway. In some ways nice to be prepared but couldn't cope with stress of worrying.

My hospital won't book you in for the nuchal scan until 13weeks and I was booked in at 13w6d right on the nail. And they moved me forward so I couldn't have it :x

I had the bloods done last week and was told if I don't hear by monday 18th consider all ok.

I'm glad I had the option of both as I know I wouldn't have been able to cope with a downs baby.

Cx

I opted to have the triple test which came back low risk but we weren't offered the nuchal scan here. I think it's pretty new up here and they would probably just have offered it to older mums

Hi yeah that what i mean if they can offer the triple test they should offer you the nuchal scan as the nuchal scan would be done before you have the bloods done. they check the nuchal fold thats where im lost i would think that they would check the baby with a scan and then have a blood test done thats whether you would choose to have the tests done i had my blood test done yesterday for the triple test so if i dont hear anything in the next few days i assume everything is ok i have worried myself sick over this

spunky xxx

Hi
The nuchal fold test costs £80-100 and the triple test costs £18-23 so considering both tests are only guidelines I can see why they dont offer the Nuchal fold test as freely.

I know the frustration believe me and have been throught the hell of an amnio but I had a clear consise result from this and not having a maybe maybe not result that i would have from the other tests.

Bex

i didn't have the blood test and i dont think i had the scan either. Unless they do the measurement during the normal dating scan?

I didn't have the bloods cause I wouldn't have done anything about it if there showed a risk or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"