Trouble keeping babies attention

tlm

Reaction score
My son is 9.5 months old and I am finding it harder and harder to nurse him. He would rather play or see what's going on around him! I have twins and only nurse one, so the other one is either playing beside me or being bottle fed at the same time. Any tips on ow to get the breastfeed one to be more attentive? My lc said to nurse in a dark room or bed, the dark room is kind if hard - no room in my house is THAT dark and I have another baby to watch at the same time too. We do nurse in bed first thing in the morning and he is usually fine then, but the other three feedings in a day he is very distracted. I am thinking it may be time to give it up and formula feed. I have thought about pumping but I hardly have any time now to do anything let alone try to fit in pumping sessions!! Help!! :)

This is a phase that usually lasts a few months. I used to just put him down when he got distracted and then when he whinged put him back on. He soon learnt that to have a feed he had to stop being so nosy. Also I would only feed on demand so that i knew he actually wanted it instead of just having it because i offered.

Thanks missk, I have thought about doing this. It's going to throw off everything though because right now the boys are on somewhat if the same schedule. I think I might offer it when his brother eats (he will usually nurse for a short while) and then take him off when he gets bored but offer it to him again in a bit.

HI missk1989, I am learning a lot from your posts. You have wonderful tips to share. Thank you.

Wear a huge shiny bulky necklace! It keeps the attention towards you. Also try a dimly lit room it doesnt have to be super dark and no distracting noise (like tv or toys) hope you find something that works

Thanks meg, love the necklace idea! I will give that a try!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->