trouble ttc

katgotu

Reaction score
So me and my boyfriend have been ttc for over a year now and nothing has been happening. I have changed my diet around to where I am eating healthy, I am at a healthy weight, I have a pretty regular period about 32-35 cd. We have been having sex around my predicted ovulation date each month, before, and after the date. I have been taking multivitamins to make sure im getting all of the vitamins and minerals a baby needs to be healthy. I just dont understand. Also, I had a miscarriage last year in June at about six weeks. What am I doing wrong? What can I do to increase my fertility? Could something be wrong with me? :( does anyone else have a problem like this? I'd love to hear from you all!! Im new to this site so im still figuring this all out lol any help or possible information would be great.

Hey sorry to hear you are having troubles. I've been trying for over a year now as well and also had an early miscarriage in May. my cycles have been irregular since the miscarriage though and I also found out I had PCOS in September. So I know how frustrating it can be. Are you tracking your cycles? temping, using opk's, checking CM? If not you should try that because maybe your ovulating at a different time then you think you are. If you have been tracking maybe it's time you and your OH go see a doctor to make sure everything is working the way it should be. Good luck to you.

You know my usual cycle days are 34 days. And I got my period two days earlier this month, I do know my ovulation predictor could be off, I almost feel like I have a short lp because my fertile cm didnt show up until 9 days before this period. This is all so frustrating. Thank you so much for replying! How long do would you say your cycles are?

Do you use opks as a previous poster mentioned? Sometimes women do not ovulate within 'expected' windows. You might be missing it. Tests, which can be really cheap, might just help you confirm or deny the times of ovulation you have been assumingX

You know my usual cycle days are 34 days. And I got my period two days earlier this month, I do know my ovulation predictor could be off, I almost feel like I have a short lp because my fertile cm didnt show up until 9 days before this period. This is all so frustrating. Thank you so much for replying! How long do would you say your cycles are?

Well I don't really know how long they are because they have kind of been all over lately. I copied this from my TTC journal:

End of Oct 2012 stopped pill
Cycle 1-Approx. 29 days(ntnp)
Cycle 2-Approx. 30 days(ntnp)
Cycle 3- Approx. 30 (ntnp)
Cycle 4- 30 days(ttc)
Cycle 5- 27 days
Cycle 6- 29 days
Cycle 7- 44 days (bfp, chemical pregnancy)
Cycle 8- 110 days (prescribed progesterone to induce AF)
Cycle 9- 40 days (diagonsed with PCOS)
Cycle 10- 45 days
Cycle 11- 36 days
Currently on cycle 12 (1st femara cycle)

They used to be averaging 29-30 days until my chemical. Now my cycles are between 36-45 days but they are probably going to change again because I'm starting Femara which will hopefully make my cycles shorter.

Have you been taking your temperature with a basal thermometer? I use Fertility Friend app on my phone (see my cart in my signature) I find temping is the easiest way to know when I`ve ovulated. I don't use OPK's though because my PCOS screws up my LH levels which I just found confuses me more.

34days is longer cycles then what is considered normal. It may not be a bad idea to have both you and your boyfriend checked out...who knows maybe its not you it could be something with him. I know it sounds scary but you will at least know if something is wrong now and your doctor can try other options for you if there is something going on.

Do you use opks as a previous poster mentioned? Sometimes women do not ovulate within 'expected' windows. You might be missing it. Tests, which can be really cheap, might just help you confirm or deny the times of ovulation you have been assumingX

I have used opks one month and that was actually the month I conceived so I might actually buy some more, I got my period earlier than expected this month I actially missed my ovulation date. But hopefully this next month is a different story:)

Andi, getting checked out would be a great idea! I haven't been using fertility friend but I have been using a fertility diary which has been wonderful, you can track your cm, bbt, weight, etc. However, I have never actually used bbt used as a method yet. Wouldnt be a bad idea. Im sure your cycles will go back to normal, im not sure if this would help you or not but you could always try taking vitex (chesteberry tree), its supposed to help people with pcos by lengthening their luteal phase, shortening their cyles, balancing out hormones such as progesterone and estrogen, ive heard it works miracles for many, it wouldnt be a bad thing to try, ive heard you have to take it about 3-6 months for it to actually start working, but some have claimed it works right away and they conceived the month of being on it! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->