• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

troubles with names going with surname!

katratrina

Mum of 3, and Pregnant!
Reaction score
i have started trying to make a list of names we like, but the problem is most of the names we like just don't go with DP's surname! it is so annoying! anyone else having this problem???

Yep, having some problems here too. The way his surname ends rules out lots of first names as it sounds too "rhymy". I keep threatening to give the bub my surname! We'll come up with something...

our last name is Wright, and if we were having a boy, I would have loved to have named our son Luke, but it would be Luke Wright lol!

I hope you manage to pick a name suitable and that you like x

ive found that if a name rhymes or sounds off with the surname then choose a middle name that does go with it and just go for any name you like for first name it breaks it up then and dosent sound awkward when you say it x

We dont have that problem... everything goes with Smith :haha:

Ooh were naming ours Luke if its a boy :D xx

Yep we have this problem too. DH surname (Ive not really changed my name yet) is horrendous. Anyway we cant have so many names I like, especially things like colours. I love the name Rose but that followed by his surname leaves you saying things like ooooh you can get cream for that! Names with one syllable aren't great either. I want the name Belle but again, you get comments about seeing a doctor for ointment! :(

Our surname is Hooton and it's a nightmare! When we had our son I wanted to call him Harry after my dad who died in 2006 but Harry Hooton sounds ridiculous! So we settled for Wilson Harry which is better! We weren't married either so he had my surname in hospital and I really liked Parker but he would have been Parker Carr which is just silly!
This time I think we're set on Dexter for a boy but struggling for a middle name that goes nicely I between! We found it really hard finding a boys name that goes nicel with Wilson and our rubbish surname! Girls aren't a problem she'll be Sydney/Cydney if we're on team pink :) xx

Our surname is Hooton and it's a nightmare! When we had our son I wanted to call him Harry after my dad who died in 2006 but Harry Hooton sounds ridiculous! So we settled for Wilson Harry which is better! We weren't married either so he had my surname in hospital and I really liked Parker but he would have been Parker Carr which is just silly!
This time I think we're set on Dexter for a boy but struggling for a middle name that goes nicely I between! We found it really hard finding a boys name that goes nicel with Wilson and our rubbish surname! Girls aren't a problem she'll be Sydney/Cydney if we're on team pink :) xx

I love, love, love the name Sydney but hubby said definitely not. It doesn't particulary go with his surname but still my favourite name.

Also I think Harry Hooton sounds fine. It has a certain ring to it. :)

My DH is a quarter Polish and has a really long unpronounceable surname :(

I didn't take his name when we got married but I have agreed that LO can have his name. I really like unusual names, but my recipe is to stick with something fairly simple and no more than 2 syllables, otherwise it's just cruel! I'm thinking Leo, Zack, or Lucas for boys and Isla for a girl.

Hemoon you've cheered me up loads everyone we've told about Sydney has pulled a face! I've had to compromise with Sydney Jane because my hubby refused to have Sydney Coco :( xxx

Hemoon you've cheered me up loads everyone we've told about Sydney has pulled a face! I've had to compromise with Sydney Jane because my hubby refused to have Sydney Coco :( xxx

Tee hee, I got the same reaction when I told people I was thinking of the name Sydney. I've had that name in the back of my head since I was about 15 though so I didn't really care that much. Although it does put you off a little when everyone screws their noses up!! Unfortunately I was convinced I was having a boy so stupidly agreed with DH that I would name the boy and he would the baby if it was a girl. I didn't think for a second that he would force us to stick to that agreement, (obviously if it was a boy, I would have forced him to agree to my name choice) ;) anyway it turned out we are having a girl and he is being extremely stubborn with name choices! :(

He likes really traditional names like Amy and Jessica. The worst one he came out with was Jackie (Jacqueline) don't get me wrong its a nice name for one of my friends or my aunty but certainly not my beautiful baby girl!!

my surnames clark and i found boys names so hard. My Dh likes all the one syllable names but they all sound odd with a short surname. The worst suggestion was Mark, Mark Clark......im thinking NOT!:haha: hence we are havinga Michael Clark.:thumbup:... much better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hayley1990
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"