Trunki!

Talia12

Reaction score
I want to get my son a trunki for Christmas because we travel long haul about once a year to visit my husbands family, plus smaller trips during summer. He saw a kid on one at the airport a few months ago and kept saying he wanted the "tiger car". But he'll be 4 and a half at Christmas and I swear those things aren't that big! Does anyone have one? Can you recommend? How big/old does a kid have to be to stop being able to ride on one? And are they accepted as cabin baggage/how much fits in? TIA!

Both my girls have them. They go away to my parents static most weekends and they always take their trunk. My 3 year old loves her and regularly rams it into my ankles whilst playing 'paw patrol' my 6 year old can still sit on hers and scoot about but it topples easier lol. They fit certain airlines but just check there website and measure before you go. I picked both up brand new for £15 from an auction we have nearby so wasn't fussed if oldest didn't use her but she does. X

I want to get my son a trunki for Christmas because we travel long haul about once a year to visit my husbands family, plus smaller trips during summer. He saw a kid on one at the airport a few months ago and kept saying he wanted the "tiger car". But he'll be 4 and a half at Christmas and I swear those things aren't that big! Does anyone have one? Can you recommend? How big/old does a kid have to be to stop being able to ride on one? And are they accepted as cabin baggage/how much fits in? TIA!

My 6 year old still uses hers. I agree it can topple easier as they get bigger but its great for sitting and scooting on in airports or in long queues. I find they actually hold quitea bit, esp of lightweight summer stuff. But over the winter she could probably fill it for a weekend at her grandparents. They are bulky and a bit of a faff if you end up carrying them but i figure they're only young once and there is plenty of time for sensible practical luggage when they get older!

We've taken it as cabin baggage on BA, virgin and easyjet no problem. Its bigger than the easyjet dimensions but they actually state on their website that they will accept it.

Also the tiger trunki is reduced to £26 on amazon atm.

Ooooohhh good idea. We have talked about getting the girl she one every summer for our holiday but never do. My mum doesn't know what to get them so this is an idea to give her.

Thank you ladies!! You've clinched it for me, ordering now :D

I just read lid are doing one almost identical to the trunki hun xxx

They have scooter versions now which are aimed at the older children and I think they're bigger in size :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->