Trust your instincts

M

maggsy11

Hi ladies,

Just thought I'd share my story in the hope it may help anyone going through the same thing.
I had a mmc 15th April, medically managed (tablets), was told I'd passed everything and was sent home. Bled for 8 days then brown discharge for 2-3 days.
5 weeks later was still testing positive on hpt's, went to my GP who started test my hcg blood levels, another 5 weeks later still testing positive, but hcg was reducing, at the last test it was at 13.
4 days after that I was rushed into hospital homoraging blood, collapsed,blood pressure on the floor, needed 4 litres of fluid. Was told this was my hormones finally back to normal and that it was "just" my period. Was sent home the next day.
Bled really heavily with huge clots for 2 weeks, went back to my GP who gave me 2 sets of tablets to stop the bleeding, they didn't work.
On saturday just gone I passed something about half the size of my hand that I knew was not a blood clot. The bleeding then stopped almost imediatly after.
Went back to my GP yesterday and explained what I'd passed, was referred to EPAS, I was passed to 4 different departments before finally speaking to a gyno. Went into hospital this morning and was finally given a scan, nothing there.
It was explained to me that I'd had some retained placenta that had been producing hcg for all those weeks before finally coming away, and that my body had been trying to flush it out with all the bleeding.

My point here is this. Please trust your instinct and demand a follow-up scan if your still testing positive from 4 weeks after mmc, mc or D&C.
I had asked 5 times at different times through the last 13 weeks and was made to feel stupid and was refused. The reasond being "There wont be anything after this length of time"!!.
This is not meant to scare you, I just think we should be listened to. I had no symptoms, no pain, no spotting, no cramping, nothing! I am lucky that I did not have an infection.

Anyway, I'm sorry this is so so long, needed to let it out too, thanks for reading. Take care.

xmagsx :hugs:

Wow. I am so sorry that you had to go through that! Thank you for sharing your experience with us though. I am a strong believer in trusting what your body is telling you. I am glad it finally worked out for you.

im really sorry you had to go through this, but thank you for sharing.
i am very worried that this is going to happen to me to.

i would appreciate it if you could answer a few questions for me? if you feel more comfortable you can pm me. i'd just like to know what you passed when you thought the miscarriage was over....as i haven't passed anything particularly large myself, and 2 weeks 3 days later im still having cramps and testing positive, but no bleeding. i havent been offered follow up scan or even blood tests.

thank you so much

im really sorry you had to go through this, but thank you for sharing.
i am very worried that this is going to happen to me to.

i would appreciate it if you could answer a few questions for me? if you feel more comfortable you can pm me. i'd just like to know what you passed when you thought the miscarriage was over....as i haven't passed anything particularly large myself, and 2 weeks 3 days later im still having cramps and testing positive, but no bleeding. i havent been offered follow up scan or even blood tests.

thank you so much

Hi Kittique, I pm'd you but read your post again, sorry I thought you where still bleeding, If I was you I'd go to GP and say you want your hcg bloods checked over a period of time to monitor if they are falling, you could also suggest they send you for a scan to make sure there's nothing lingering. Tell them you feel generally unwell, this should make them listen. Good luck :kiss:

Like Maggsy I had retained tissue and if it wasnt for me going back to my GP instead of the hospital they probably would have just let me carry on bleeding for months. 3 months after medical management I had a dnc and now I seem to be back on track.

Please make sure you get looked into if you have any doubts. It just prolongs all the emotion of the miscarriage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->