Trying after a blighted ovum

angies1stbaby

Reaction score
I am excited to try and yet scared as well. In my head I swear I am fighting to keep out the bad thoughts, that I will never be able to have a baby..I suppose this is natural after having such a horrible experience.
Can anyone relate.

Yes. I had one a month ago. I have one month to wait to try again. I was told a blighted ovum is a once-in-a-lifetime ordeal, and it should never happen again.

I had a blighted ovum too and am hoping to start TTC again this cycle. It's normal to be scared and excited at the same time, I know I am. Kat541- I didn't know that, that makes me feel better about trying in the future.

I'm still not sure what happened with me, but I think everyone that has had a loss, no matter what happened, feels this way. How can you not, KWIM? I just have to tell myself, MC or not, you cetainly cannot wish for a healthy baby to fall in your lap, so you HAVE too keep trying. What other option is there. ((HUGS)) and Good luck .

I also had a blighted ovum last month.. I just had my first AF.. Doctor said to wait 3 monthsss... I want to try so badd but I guess we have to wait :(

How long did you guys waited to start ttc again?

I had a blighted ovum in Feb, and went with medication to induce the miscarriage. I know how hard it is, and exactly how you all feel.

I got pregnant on my 3rd cycle after my mc, as the first was really irregular, the second was close to normal, and by the third my body had settled back to its normal routine. My Dr said that I could try right away, but BECAUSE the cycles are so screwed up, it makes it very hard. We did try right away, sortof. I never tracked my ovulation, and didn't use a monitor or anything, so while we weren't being careful, it is doubtful that our timing was good because my cycle was so whacked.

I also though that I would never be able to have a baby, and in the period after my MC, my best friend got pregnant and my SIL got pregnant. It was so, so hard being happy for them, because it just reminded me how sad I was. However, now that I am pregnant again (and have a hearbeat), I am much, much happier.

And, yes, blighed ovums are FLUKE things. It is very unlikely that a person would have them 2X while trying to conceive, much less back to back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->