trying after a MMC and CP - please help :-(

mouseymo

Reaction score
I had a MMC at 7 half weeks back at the beginning of the year and had to have a D&C, obviously extremely upsetting and difficult to get through for both of us. We were advised to wait one cycle before trying again, which is what we did and bingo we were pregnant again, then had a CP at 5 weeks :nope:

again advised to wait one cycle etc. HOWEVER I am desperate to be pregnant again and feel the only way we can get through this pain is to try again as soon as possible as I am terrified that I can not carry a baby. i am thinking 2 things 1- it made no difference last time by waiting one cycle as i had a CP anyway, 2- if it was to happen all over again i would be classed as 3 MC and then be tested sooner rather than later to find out why :cry:

Has anyone been through this and had success?

thank you all x

So sorry you are having a hard time, i had it the other way round. I had a MC at 6 weeks but i dont thing it ever really took and now a MMC at 8 weeks. We are going to get right back into things as i dont see the point of using protection just for one month but we wont be trying as such.

Hope others can come on who have had a better outcome, would be nice to hear some good stories

I suffered my MMC recently and after having d&c two weeks ago tomrrrow and bleeding tappering off my and OH are just not going to use protection and if it happens it happens, don't see the point in waiting really. Hope we all get our BFP in the next few months :hugs:

So sorry you are having a hard time, i had it the other way round. I had a MC at 6 weeks but i dont thing it ever really took and now a MMC at 8 weeks. We are going to get right back into things as i dont see the point of using protection just for one month but we wont be trying as such.

Hope others can come on who have had a better outcome, would be nice to hear some good stories

I so hope that I am helping by posting this for you guys.
My husband and I started trying to conceive after our wedding. I have two children from a previous marriage, he has none.

I fell pregnant the first month and fell foul of the early test. I miscarried #1 very quickly and put it down to whatever will be :shrug:

We fell pregnant again in the January. Again I found out early. I was using opk's and charting and doing all the usual stuff. Again I miscarried early and only found out because I was obsesively repeating the pregnancy tests and it turned negative. My body however, managed to convince itself that I was still pregnant and I had to take hormones to bring on AF.

The third time we fell was a total surprise. I had given up on obsessive testing and taken a huge deep breath. I forced myself to stop using early tests and we were overjoyed... Until I suffered a missed miscarriage at 11 weeks :cry:

Bear with me, here's where it gets better...

We were devastated. I genuinely started to believe that we would not conceive again. I even gave him the whole... I can't give you a baby so best find someone who can chat. But by some sort of miracle, one cycle after, not trying, but not not trying, we conceived again :happydance:

We are now expecting a healthy little girl in 11 weeks time.

It is so hard to describe how you feel after so much loss. I had a partial breakdown and every minute of this pregnancy has been fraught with fear and worry. But it does work out, even when everything looks as bad as it possibly can :flower:

I hope that each and every one of you gets the :bfp: they truly deserve.

And a whole bunch of :dust: to all xxx

Id like to post an answer here, but not sure what a CP is and therefore if im answering relevantly.

Thanks Rach1972, it makes me have a little bit more hope with every happy story i hear :hugs: x

Nato - a CP is a chemical pregnancy - a very early miscarriage which happens around the time you would normally expect your period. Many women will have these and never know unless they tested early and got a BFP before period was due. I think it is when the egg fertilises but fails to implant properly. (This may be wrong!!)

Rach that is an inspiring story! x

Mine was also the other way round. I had an early loss at 4+5. I didn't wait as I was advised by my dr that this is only for dating purposes. I fell straight away with Isabella and then lost her at 13 weeks. They class it as a missed miscarriage as she had died the day before and I had no bleeding but it wasn't a classic mmc.

I was told after losing her too that it's only dating purposes that require you to wait and there will be no ill effect from not waiting.

We didn't wait this time either although we didn't fall that month. I am now on my second cycle and will be trying to fall this month.

Good luck and sorry for your losses

Thanks Bead

Given what beadette said, i think theres a case for you to request a scan to establish the thickness of your uterine lining. If you had a D&C and then the egg didnt implant properly, then that could be as a result of the lining not building up properly? i am guessing, and clearly im not a dr. How was your first af after the d&C? was it light or heavy?

Also, i would ask your dr about taking 5mg of folic acid and 75mg of aspirin. The aspirin might help build up lining and might help with unexplained mc (as well as defo helping clotting disorders and some immune probs) but they havent yet established it through enough studies, however, it is agreed that it is unlikely low dose aspirin would harm a pregnancy (but might cause probs if you have a stomach ulcer for eg) - i have self prescribed aspirin due to the fact that there is no evidence it can harm.

also, if you are over 35, 2 mcs is enough to warrant proper investigation rather than 3 mcs - if you are under 35, your dr might be one of the ones who is more sympathetic and might do extra tests rather than full investigation

OMG your story is EXACTLY like mine. I had what was thought to be a MMC and then had a CP. I didnt wait afterthe CP though, and I got pregnant right away, and had my little girl :hugs:

I know the pain you are going through but dont lose faith hun

thanks for your replies guys, it is good to hear good news!!!

We have decided to just carry on as usual and if it happens it happens:winkwink:

HOWEVER - I have had sore bb for about 5 days now and am pretty sure I have not ovulated as I have been using the tests BUT could I of ovulated before I started doing the test and got caught then?!?!?!? This would mean I ovulated around 7/8 days after the 1st day of bleeding?

Maybe it is in my head but my bb definitely feel heavier and am well aware that they are there too and generally feel uncomfortable, oh and I seem to be nesting and feel fantastic?!?!?!

Thoughts anyone xx :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->