Trying clomid with blocked fallopian tube?

pamg

Reaction score
I've been TTC#2 for nearly 2 years & had some fertility tests last year.
My husbands were fine but mine showed an FSH level of 9. My ovarian reserve is 6.7 and a hycosy showed I have a blocked tube & also noticed addisions. I suspect I have endometriosis also.

I had an appointment with a consultant to discuss my results & he suggested our best option would be ivf.

I had a emergency c-section to have my daughter & he said being emergency it can sometimes cause damage to tubes etc when they operate as not taking the same care & time as a planned c-section.

He said we could try clomid but said although my other tube showed clear it could still be damaged. He doesn't want to advise us to do something that we could be wasting our money on. I've read a few things this morning about people trying it & having success with a blocked tube. It just seems a much cheaper option to try first than ivf as its so expensive I'm not sure we're going to go for that option yet.

Just wondered if anyone on here has tried it with a blocked tube?

The hycosy test what was the procedure ? After 22 months my gp is finally referring me for my tubes checking. I also had emcs with dd. I know something isn’t right as it only took us 2 months TTC dd and I had been on the pill for 15 years. My gp won’t give me clomid.

Can I also ask how long it took for your appointment to come through from being referred for the test x

I've had 2 sections and didn't have a problem TTC as a result.

I have 1 tube and ovary, took FE this pregnancy. I think it's worth trying.

I've had 2 sections and didn't have a problem TTC as a result.

I have 1 tube and ovary, took FE this pregnancy. I think it's worth trying.

Sorry to sound dumb but what is fe ?

Femara, similar to clomid but doesnt cause ohss or cysts or cm issues

The hycosy test what was the procedure ? After 22 months my gp is finally referring me for my tubes checking. I also had emcs with dd. I know something isn’t right as it only took us 2 months TTC dd and I had been on the pill for 15 years. My gp won’t give me clomid.

I was terrified before it but it really wasnt that bad! She did an internal scan first then popped at speculum in to pop the tiny tube in that they push the dye in then took the speculum out & popped the internal scanner back in then pushed the dye in then checked with the internal scan if the dye is going through. They brought someone else in & pushed extra dye in the check again with the dye not going through my tube. I didn't really have cramping just felt a little uncomfortable like if your desperate for a wee lol! After I did have cramping for a few hours.

Can I also ask how long it took for your appointment to come through from being referred for the test x

I had to phone the first day of my period & I got an appointment 2 cycles after.
Have you had your day 1-3 & day 21 bloods & your partner had his semen test too?

Yes hubby had sperm done and I’ve had the bloods done twice now. This week gp has wrote to hospital for my referral. We may consider ivf and start saving now, we have found a clinic in Manchester that is reasonably priced with good reviews

Yes hubby had sperm done and I’ve had the bloods done twice now. This week gp has wrote to hospital for my referral. We may consider ivf and start saving now, we have found a clinic in Manchester that is reasonably priced with good reviews

Which clinic in Manchester is it? I'm not too far from there. I have a price of almost £7,000 from my local private clinic as I need a high dose of the drugs due to my low amh :-(
My mother in law did offer to pay for ivf if we wanted it but having just seen my best friend go through it all due to male issues & even tho there was no issues with her it still didn't work first time. I have a few issues that could really reduce my chances even the consultant said although its my best shot theres no guarentee it will work.
I've just had an awful month with pain with my endometriosis I'm going to see if I can get reffered for that now.

It’s called abcivf. Google it will come up right away. I am going to ring the hospital at the end of the week and see if they have my referral and see if they can give me a guildline of how long I will be waiting. Af came yesterday and I can usually shake off most of my emotion and put my brave face on by the end of the day but this cycle I can’t, I’ve been a total wreck today and yesterday. Can’t stop crying. I’ve been snapping at dd and I feel so bad for it that when I think about it I cry again ! So need to sort myself out Iam working tomorrow and need to get my brave face back for then xx

I hope your feeling a bit better now,it's so hard to deal with. Big hugs!

I just looked up the Manchester clinic. I don't meet the criteria on the main page as my amh was 6.7 nearly a year ago so it's probably lower now & they want it to be above 12. It does say to get in touch if you don't meet it as they can assess the circumstances so I will email them for a quote to get an idea. I think if my egg reserve wasn't so low I wouldn't feel so negative about giving it ago!
Have you had a amh test done yet? The nhs don't do it so you have to get it done privately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->