Trying for #2

NotShowing

Reaction score
Hi ladies. I haven't been on BNB in awhile. Last time I was on I was expecting our first baby and was having worries about not looking pregnant. Very silly to me now and happy I didn't gain any more weight than I did. Shift to now.

My son is 15 months old, born premature and was in the NICU for one month. It was such a scary time for us, but we made it through it and are still waiting on our son to hit his "milestones." He isn't walking yet but is furniture walking. He is very spoiled because of how he can into the world and I feel that I didn't have the childbirth experience I wanted (he came from an Emergency C-section). I was in the ICU and he was in the NICU. It took three days before I even got to see him and only saw him through pictures that my husband took. So, I guess many would say "Congrats, you're 39 and you've had a baby!" I still want that experience and we have been trying to conceive for 4 months or so. Been using the ClearBlue Easy Digital Ovulation kits and they are all showing peak, but then no pregnancy.

I am about a week from getting my next period (or my BFP) and I am terribly anxious and in just a really bad mood and VERY emotional. Are these signs that I might be pregnant or is this just bad PMS? No cramps though. Thank you all for reading my story and I hope to meet some people through this journey. :shrug:

Hello!

I'm sorry to hear you didn't have the experience you were wanting when it came to having your 1st.

Having a premi is not something I have experienced first hand however my best friend had her daughter at 29 weeks and I've watched her struggle with milestones and development. my niece (that's what she is too me)
conquered every milestone it was just in her own time. She is now a thriving 3 year old that's currently working on her speech.

I myself am on the same journey as you. My Husband and I are getting ready to conceive our second as well. We however only just had our 1st 5 months ago. I know what your thinking "that will be a small age gap between kids". It will be tough I'm sure but we love the idea of close aged kids. The husband has a sister only 11 months younger than him and they have a great relationship. I on the other hand have brother 8 & 10 years older than me...and well the relationship has pretty much always been non existent.

Anyways your bad mood symptom could be either pregnancy related or pms related really. All early pregnancy symptoms are pretty much exactly the same as the list of pms symptoms sooo there's no real way to know other than a pregnancy test or missing AF. Although it's always fun to speculate! I know I myself am always speculating my symptoms before AF is supposed to arrive.

As for you trying for 4 months I've heard that the AVERAGE trying time is 4-12 months. As you know every women is different and sometimes it takes no time at all and sometimes it takes longer. It took me and DH 5 months for my 1st. OPK are very useful as well which I read you are using. Remember on most OPK's when you get your positive dark line you can ovulate anywhere from 12-24 hours after. So you could have nooky the day of the positive and then follow it up with more nooky the day after to increase your chances!

Anyways that's my story and my 2 cents. Hope you didn't mind it ��

Thanks for your response. It is good to know of someone who is wanting another close in age. I have one sister and she is 5 yrs older than me and we were never that close. Not in the same school, etc. When we were really little I think we were close, but relationships change over time. Since my husband and I are older parents we want our baby boy to have a strong relationship with a sibling, so that when we are not here anymore, he will have him/her. Somber thought, but a reality.

I felt that I started having cramps early this morning and then they went away. I haven't had PMS in a really long time. I don't think I mentioned it, but it took a year for me to get a period after having my son. So, we couldn't really even "start trying" anytime sooner. I hope that this will be the cycle, but am not sure it will be. I always thought that those ovulation tests really worked and they did with my first pregnancy, but I was also taking Metformin for PCOS at the same time. I am hesitant to go to my OBGYN with my son and have her prescribe it to me again. He looks really young for 15 months since he was born 2 months premature. I don't want them thinking I'm nuts. I feel that there are many feelings that people have about older Moms, like whether it's alright or not. It is my desire though, so maybe I will be bold and ask.

Even under the best of circumstances there is only a 33% chance per cycle of getting pregnant and that is for normal age Moms. Hopefully, we will get pregnant though because the first time I got that solid smiley face I thought we would conceive that month!

Hi ladies. I haven't been on BNB in awhile. Last time I was on I was expecting our first baby and was having worries about not looking pregnant. Very silly to me now and happy I didn't gain any more weight than I did. Shift to now.

My son is 15 months old, born premature and was in the NICU for one month. It was such a scary time for us, but we made it through it and are still waiting on our son to hit his "milestones." He isn't walking yet but is furniture walking. He is very spoiled because of how he can into the world and I feel that I didn't have the childbirth experience I wanted (he came from an Emergency C-section). I was in the ICU and he was in the NICU. It took three days before I even got to see him and only saw him through pictures that my husband took. So, I guess many would say "Congrats, you're 39 and you've had a baby!" I still want that experience and we have been trying to conceive for 4 months or so. Been using the ClearBlue Easy Digital Ovulation kits and they are all showing peak, but then no pregnancy.

I am about a week from getting my next period (or my BFP) and I am terribly anxious and in just a really bad mood and VERY emotional. Are these signs that I might be pregnant or is this just bad PMS? No cramps though. Thank you all for reading my story and I hope to meet some people through this journey. :shrug:

Hang in there! I know the frustration. I have had many months like that too. Those definitely sound like they could be pregnancy symptoms, although they can also be PMS symptoms. I've found that the months I swore I was pregnant, it was just PMS symptoms :( The month that I did fall pregnant (although later miscarried), I had no symptoms when I tested! I actually felt great. That was how I had felt with my first daughter as well. So I try to just enjoy each day of the TWW now, rather than focusing on every little symptom and being mega disappointed when AF arrives! My fingers are crossed for you and your husband!!

I understand what you're saying so much.. I have been TTC #2 for 20 months.. Everyone tells me "be happy you had one"..Its not that I am not over the moon happy about my little boy, but I feel robbed of the experience...He spent 4 months in NICU.. had 4 operations, i didnt get to hold him after birth or untill he was 2 weeks old. I just want that "normal" experience..Hopefully we get it xo

Hey all! My period is scheduled to come on Saturday. It sure feels like something is happening. Still, not sure whether I am having PMS or pregnant. My husband and I made the decision that we would wait at least 4 days late to test because of how expensive those tests are and we get our hearts crushed when I test too early only to find out that it is negative.<3<3

Hey all! My period is scheduled to come on Saturday. It sure feels like something is happening. Still, not sure whether I am having PMS or pregnant. My husband and I made the decision that we would wait at least 4 days late to test because of how expensive those tests are and we get our hearts crushed when I test too early only to find out that it is negative.<3<3

I myself never test until at least a full day after my expected AF otherwise it's really just a waist of $$ to me.

Fingers are crossed for you!

hi sorry to hear about your experience and I can understand your desire to experience all of that.
this might as well be regular pms and bfp. but do you go and see doctor? and how often you do that? i suppose there is no fertility issue, that could've been noticed, right?
anyways good luck with your tries
I am on my 2 nd attempt, not right now but in the middle of finding the clinic haha hopefully it will be fine this time, because my first attempt ended up horribly, we got BFN and I wasn't experiencing any symptoms because my period started the same week, which was so disappointing..

After being ultimately "ruined" a week or so ago, it's another round of the tests and I'm going to ask my doctor for Metformin because that's the med that worked for me to have our first. Really, I am sick of those ovulation kits. I don't think I am going to try another one before taking the Metformin. I am feeling very negative right now. We've been trying for 15 months. That's right, we were trying just after #1. Said I wanted to have "Irish Twins." Then, there's been times in my life that I was fertile without the Metformin. My husband has slow moving sperm and I'm 39. I don't know what the chances are, but we seriously want a second child. Do I give up or keep trying? Is an only child okay if you don't have family in your life and your child ends up being alone? These are just some of the things that have been on my mind. Any help or support would be great.

After being ultimately "ruined" a week or so ago, it's another round of the tests and I'm going to ask my doctor for Metformin because that's the med that worked for me to have our first. Really, I am sick of those ovulation kits. I don't think I am going to try another one before taking the Metformin. I am feeling very negative right now. We've been trying for 15 months. That's right, we were trying just after #1. Said I wanted to have "Irish Twins." Then, there's been times in my life that I was fertile without the Metformin. My husband has slow moving sperm and I'm 39. I don't know what the chances are, but we seriously want a second child. Do I give up or keep trying? Is an only child okay if you don't have family in your life and your child ends up being alone? These are just some of the things that have been on my mind. Any help or support would be great.

Hang in there! I can feel your pain and my heart goes out to you right now. I know how frustrating this can be! Are you still breastfeeding? That can affect things too. I stopped bf'g my dd at 17 months (January) and I didn't get my period until June!! My cycles are only really normalizing right now. Everyone is different. 39 is still totally within the realm of possible! Two of my best girlfriends both had their first child at 40. Are you temping as well? That can really help figure out your cycle. Also consider acupuncture and/or seeing a naturopath - I've seen both and my cycles are finally normal!!! Your body knows what to do - sometimes you just need to figure out what is blocking it. Sending you lots of love!!!

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who's been commenting on my experience. We got a prescription for the Metformin but we have to wait to next month (insurance issues) to use it. I am not even counting conceiving this month, but will definitely at least try now that I know my cycle well.

Hopefully 2017 will be the year! I've always wanted kids close in age because that is really how they can be close. My cycle length is 27 days and regular and my peak is on the 16th of my cycle. I feel that God has given us enough time for our Toddler. He still is totally my little baby. Just want him to have a lifetime buddy.

I used a clear blue digital Ovulation Test on Nov. 22nd and it read positive. I ran out of O tests and bought a cheapie ovulation test and I am almost certain that it tested positive. I waited a few minutes and made sure the baby was taken care of. He has an ear infection. Then I went to the bathroom and took another O test. Came out to change diapers etc. If I had to guess it took 15 minutes and it was a true positive. I know that they say to wait for 10 minutes and not read the test after 10 minutes, but It was a really dark line in the test window. Could I have ovulated 2 times this month? Did the read the test too late?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->