trying for baby #1 with pcos and on clomid

needprayers

Reaction score
help to all who have gone or is going through this!! what have you learned to up your chances, and hints or secrets you want to share!! im new to this site and need some friends to help me through this journy!!:flower:

hey hun, i'd say don't give up- not sure if its the same where you are but here they give clomid a 1 in 6 chance of working. We gave it 4 goes (4 cycles) first time which none worked then hubby got impatient & we moved onto iui which we also gave 4 goes (4 cycles) which also didn't work so we took 6 months off so i could visit my brother over seas & i could try to lose weight so i could say i tried everything (weight was over BMI 35) in over 6 months i lost 5kgs (am also insulin resistant) went back to the Dr who asked or suggested we try clomid again so we did & it worked first cycle!! (thats also with me messing my dose! i was meant to take 2 tablets every day over 5 days but i took 1 every day over 5 days)

Another tip i'd say if even if they up your dose if you periods are irregular ask them if taking clomid on different days would work- first 4 cycles i was on it i took it from day 3 or 4 or 5 or something like that (cant remember exactly) but this time i took it exactly 1 week after my last period started- not sure if the 5th go would have worked back when we first started clomid or if it was taking it on another day or if it was the weight loss or if i was just in a good mind frame- i was telling the Dr we wanted another 6 months off so i could lose more weight.

Good luck hun!! Hope this has helped! :) If you have any questions please ask & i'll help/ share as much as i can!

i took clomid days 3-7.. i just started using opk's, when i first started to test they had a very faint line in the test area.. then as the days went by the test line got darker.. then one night i tested and the test line was just a shade lighter than the control line.. i didnt test again for 16 hours due to running out of tests.. i got the same result, test line just a shade lighter than the control.. do you think i could have surged during those 16 hours and the testes just weren't timed to catch it? and now the test line is back to being very very faint? im confused and hoping for the best!! we bd like crazy so im hoping this is the month..

not sure hun, those tests never worked for me- i did them every day for 6 months & NEVER got a positive result.

I hope the bd was worth it this month! :)

Another thing- i always saw the first month as a trial run, i was trying but didnt get worried or disappointed if i wasn't pregnant cos i always reminded myself it was a new thing i was doing to my body & my body would be having a "what the hell is this" moment. Which would account for why i was so shocked when i did get pregnant!

Good Luck! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"