Trying for v vac need support :(

xhannahxbanan

Baby Silver Due Sept! :)
Reaction score
Hey I'm trying for a v bac after having a c section with my daughter who was breech, I have different midwives and also been told I don't new consultant care I feel so unsupported it's unreal completely in the dark! What can and can't i do what drugs can I have etc lol

Anyone had successful vbac and were the worth it? :)

Have you told your mws you feel unsupported? It is worth checking out what VBAC support groups there are locally. Get in touch with ICAN too x

Hello - I'm planning a VBAC and to be honest my consultant app was a waste of time - didn't tell me anything I didn't already know, and just wanted me to book an app for another c-section when I went 10 days past EDD (today!!). I refused to do this as I want to give myself as long as possible to go into labour, as long as LO is ok, of course.
There are quite a few VBAC threads in this forum with lots of information - you should have a look :D
When you say drugs, do you mean pain relief or induction drugs?

Lots of info here:

https://www.babyandbump.com/home-natural-birthing/658839-vbac-info-support.html

Xxx

Hun having a VBAC is no different to having any other baby in reality.

You can labour and birth exactly how you want with or without any drugs you want.

Only difference is that you have a TINY increased risk of uterine rupture but this is less than 1% additional risk and you probably need more support!

If your MW is unsupportive then ask your head of midwifery for a different MW. PM me if you want to talk or know anything I'll see if I can help, but a lot of the info I have is in the thread in the link posted above.

Personally speaking my VBAC (planned home VBAC) was pure awesome, I'd do it again in a heartbeat

I haven't had my VBAC yet, but I will soon and I'm positive it will be worth it in every possible sense of the word :) You have to get really clued up with research online, believe you can do it and be prepared to shoot down anyone in flames that tells you otherwise :thumbup:

Hi there, I had an EMCS due to dd1 being breech (long story attached to that labour but not the point) so I determine that dd2 wouldnt be a section. The MW at the beginning did think a planned one would be best but I stuck to my guns, asked for a presentation scan at 36wks and actually went into labour the week after, dd2 was born VBAC at 37wks without any pain-relief in 4hrs total. It was the best experience ever, I got to hold her and feed her straight away and didnt have the recovery time of the C-section.

As the other ladies have said there is a wealth of knowledge on these boards and the ladies are always welcoming and supportive.

And I would try to talk to your MW about feeling unsupportive, her role is to be there for you and baby.

Good luck x

Thank you everyone :)
I dont havea midwife at the momment havent for the past 10 weeks, just different ones. think thats why im feeling so unsupported :(

Im just scared as I dont know what to expect etc :(

Try to think of it as being like having a first baby, if you had a CS for breech I presume you possible didn't go into labour last time?

There is no reason what so ever you should be treated any differently or physically act any differently to any first time Mum, your chances of achieving VBAC are the same as a vaginal birth for a first time Mum or thereabouts.

It is difficult if the professionals who are supposed to guide you aren't able to do so, sometimes antenatal care just doesn't work out that way.

We can give you as much info as you brain can handle and be here to help you through but you must make decisions that sit best with you and no one else, don't make compromises for us, your partner, your hospital or MW etc.

If you want to VBAC you can do it, and make it great trust me, it's easier than you think if you trust in your body to be able to do it and do it without needing help - it's what it's meant to do. You can't help it if you had a cheeky naughty baby last time!

Yer I had a planned one cus my lil one wouldn't turn :( lol Im just scared I think as it's all so new to me lol

I'm worried I'm going to just be made to lie on a bed when I want to be active etc

How did your vbac go? What pain relief did you go for ? I it as bad as it looks on one born every min lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->