Trying not to get my hopes up.

MummaBear16

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am having a bit of a "pregnancy scare", even though I hope it's a positive as I am looking very forward to having more children! Reasoning for calling it a "scare" is because I am on birth control and have just started a new job and my son has just started full time school, so wasn't planning more kids until next year, but am in a position to still have a child if it happened sooner.

I am on the pill, but I had a course of antibiotics from 27th Feb - 5th March. I am due for my period this Sunday, so I realise how soon it is to be questioning it. The last couple of days I have been feeling "off" and pondered the idea that I could be pregnant, before I even realised it could actually be possible due to the antibiotics.

I have had a stuffy nose for about a week and a half without having a cold or the flu, feeling unusually hungry when I wake up (which I never usually do), but then can't eat much, stomach cramps, breaking out (very unlike me), vivid dreams, very frequent trips to the toilet, smells are different, feeling bloated, emotional, and then to top it off today I have had a bit of brown discharge, while still on the active pills in my pill packet. I am getting myself worked up hoping it could be implantation bleeding.

I am just wondering other peoples thoughts? I took a pregnancy test yesterday, which was negative, but like I said, I'm not due for my period until Sunday which meant I took the test 4ish days before expected period. Obviously I will just have to see if I get my period, but I am too impatient to not look into it and wonder/hope/dwell/hope it's not all in my head!

Thank you for taking the time to read, I appreciate any responses, even if it is to snap me out of it and tell me it's just PMS! :cloud9:

Antibiotics can affect the pill so Yep, you could have ovulated :) I would wait until your period is due and if it doesn't come, then retest :D

I have my fingers and toes crossed for you too :)

I've still got to wait two days to see if I get AF.. I hate waiting! I had quite bad stomach cramps at 5.30 this morning and it took a while to ease off enough to sleep. I usually get period pain in my back and I had my last active pill for this cycle today... So it's weird if it is period pain. I don't know! I'm making myself mad! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->