trying or TRYINGGGGG

I think i can understand what you are saying.

In the new year my bf and i decided to stop using contraception, and see what happened. My cycles are a bit pesky and irregular and we assumed it might take a while for my to actually fall pregnant. I think i speak for both of us when we imagined falling pregnant at some point later this year and actually having a baby in 2010.

That wasn't what happened however- stopped using BC new years day, AF 14th Jan, and fell pregnant pretty much straight away, however now i am miscarrying...something that i never ever factored into my considerations.

I didn't think things would go 100% smoothly- like i say, i thought it might take a wee while to catch pregnant, and i'm a neonatal nurse so i have millions of anxieties about the the 2nd/3rd trimester and birth and beyond...but i honestly, for some reason never thought i'd mc, even though my sister just had a d&c for a mmc a few weeks back.

In any case, it has been a horrible shock. I hope when it is over and we're both feeling in a better place we can get back to just enjoying each other and 'not-trying-not-to' (what we call it!) but i think any kind of loss makes you want it that much more.

I wish I was capable of just letting it happen, but I'm a planner by nature. I have to plan things, I can't relax and let things happen. As soon as we started trying for our first I felt that I had to do everything in my power to help it happen, if I didn't I would just get really anxious.

im just coming off the patch atm, not had a natural af since 15,now 22 so it might take a while for things to get bk to "normal" tho my periods at 15 wernt to normal 15 days o hell evry 3 weeks, gonna go au natrale for 6 months or so then start actively trying for now were just going with the flo

An interesting thread. A little about me, been married for 3 years almost not preventing or trying for four years maybe. Decided about 7 months ago we really wanted that baby so I went the whole hog, opks, charting cm, pre-seed and in the final half month temping. Well we got pregnant after 3 1/2 months of doing this. Comparing that 3 1/2 months to the years of not preventing I'm so glad I took that extra steps for it to happen quickly. Just knowing when I o'd made all the difference. I didn't tell my husband when i was time to try so it took the pressure off him and sex is only as exciting as you make it so no problems there!!! So basically I'm glad we did it. As for a baby out of 'love' and not TRRRYYYYING there was plenty of love in our three months of trying honey.......... more than just after a night out on the piss. Good luck and I hope it happens for you the way you want it, for us how we got here doesn't mater the fact were here does. xxx

I'd love for it to just "happen" but I am a chart obsesser...it'll never happen :lol:

I started out just knowing I was "fertile" around the day 14, after 4 months nothing, so I have moved to BBT, opk's and the associated obsession. It would have been nice, but I found once we decided to actually have a baby, 4 months was more than enough for us. We were not satisfied with "if it will happen it will happen". There are some things that can be controlled and so we are taking a bit more control now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->