Trying to break swaddling...suggestions?

lw0619

Reaction score
Hello ladies! I need your opinions. My daughter is almost 7 months old and is still very dependent on being swaddled. I can't even put her down for naps if she's not swaddled or else she wakes right up. We use the sleep sack because I'm still nervous to use blankets. The sleep sacks make it impossible for her to break out of it. I mean... Is it normal for a baby this age to still be swaddled? How can I break it? We've been battling it for a week almost. Any advice or opinions? Thanks for your help :)

I used the ZippyZip. My dd loves it. It still gives slight resistance so she was more comfortable than just getting rid of the swaddle, but she has range of motion to roll around no problem.

Maybe she's just not ready yet. We tried a few times to get rid of the swaddle unsuccessfully, then finally at about 8.5 months she didn't need it anymore. Maybe just keep using it, but every few weeks try again without it?

It might be worth giving the Zipadeezip a go. My LG has been swaddled from day one. Tried to get her out of it several times without any luck. Until last week when our zippy arrived. She absolutely loves it.

Attachments

• roxyzippy.jpg
    roxyzippy.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 12
Thanks y'all! I've never heard of the zipadeezip! I'll definitely look into it! Jenx that may just be what happens... So far I'm losing the battle. I guess I'm just unsure what's "age appropriate" for swaddling and felt like she should be out by now!

Thanks y'all! I've never heard of the zipadeezip! I'll definitely look into it! Jenx that may just be what happens... So far I'm losing the battle. I guess I'm just unsure what's "age appropriate" for swaddling and felt like she should be out by now!

It is different for every child, so no worries! The Zipadee Zip is a neat concept but my LO never took to it. Maybe yours will?

I think I've decided to continue with the sleep sack and just barely swaddling her. It seems to be working. I think it's just enough for her to feel secure but lose enough that she can break out of it very easily. We'll see how that continues to go. Thanks again everyone! In still very interested in the zipadeezip and will probably my next plan if this doesn't continue to work :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->