trying to conceive #2 . how do I go about charting . help

Keyval

Reaction score
So I'm on day 2 of my period and today in the post arrived my thermometer and ovulation sticks . I also got a chart to but I was thinking an app be more helpful . Any recommendations other than fertility friend I find that way to confusing and it never works right .

Anyway iv never charted before . When do I start? Right away or when period Is finished ? And I know nothing about temperatures. How will I know when I'm ovulating . Be great if someone could talk me through it I'm clueless.

Thanks

you can start in the morning, keep the thermometer next to your bed and as soon as you open your eyes check your temp. It needs to be the bodies resting temp after 5/6 hrs of good quality resting sleep, so don't get up and stick the kettle on and then check your temp as it gives you a false reading. It will take a couple of cycles to get to gripes with and notice when your going to ovulate but once your in the swing of it its easy.

I use the fertility friend app and its really easy :) good luck

Just what the previous poster said...take your temp before you move or get out of bed at the same time every morning. I thought FF app was really confusing at first too but after a few cycles it was a breeze. The thing about it is you have to know which setting you have FF on and what makes it work best. FF is only as good as the info you enter so some ladies who only entered their bbt and used advanced setting for instance had a much harder time getting an O date pinpointed. Sounds like your using opks so if you use your bbt and opks on the advanced setting it should be pretty accurate. Also FF will pick up on your normal patterns after a few cycles and adjust the advanced program so that it is more customized to your personal cycles the more you use it.

Just a thought as I tried a few apps and eventually came back to FF as it had the most tools available for me in my ttc journey...good luck!:thumbup:

Hi Hun I'm the same as you - Ttc for baby number two and I just got the bbt thermometer and ovulation kits too!

I just started taking my temp today and have the ovulation sticks as well - I thought I'd try the smep this month and that says start using the ov sticks from day 8 but I will try once AF ends as I've no idea when I ovulate.

I tried using FF but didn't get it so someone on here suggested Ovia which I find much easier to use and I think does the same thing but only used it for two days :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->