Trying to conceive Baby #2!

JandJPlus1

Reaction score
Hey Ladies. I am new to the forums and I was hoping I could get some help. This is our first cycle TTCing for baby number two. It is also my first time using OPK's as I never used them with my son. It took us 7 months to get pregnant with our son and my cycles are not as regular now as they were when we were trying for him. So we were hoping that the OPK's would speed things up a little. :) So my question is about OPK's. I have been taking OPK's since Thursday October 16th which was cycle day 11. I took one Thursday night at about 9 and a line showed up but it definitely wasn't as dark as the control. Friday was the same thing, Saturday I didn't get to test. Sunday I got two lines on my dollar store test that were almost exactly the same, but on my FR ovulation test I got a line that was not nearly as dark as the control. I didn't think anything of it but then last night when I took my tests there was a faint line on the dollar store one and almost no line on the FR. Do you think that means I ovulated? The potential positive was on CD 14 but I have been having 32-37 days cycles so I'm not sure what day I should be ovulating. Please help!!image.jpg

Sorry guys can't figure out how to attach more than one picture apparently.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 5
Sunday night and Monday night FR OPK's.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 5
Last one. Monday night FR OPK. Tweaked again so that you can hopefully see it better.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 2
Hiya, I didn't want to read and run. I've only ever used digital opks to prevent second guessing myself. But from other posts, I think the test line should be as dark or darker than the control line for a positive. If the test line gets lighter, your Lh surge may be on the way down so you may have ovulated already. Hopefully someone with more experience will give a better answer.

Yeah I know that it's supposed to be as dark or darker and I would say that the dollar store one is but the FR definitely isn't. I'm very confused because now they are basically non existent. I'm going to continue testing for the next few days and hubby and I did baby dance on Sunday and Monday so hopefully if I did ovulate we caught it haha.

These are my tests from tonight. Back to showing lines so I'm not sure what's going on.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 0
Hi Hun. The only way to know is to temp. My last 2 cycles I have geared up to O had ALMOST positive opks but then about 10 days later I would get very clear positives then actually O

I'm just very confused because they go like almost positive then the next day there will basically be nothing there. It's already day 17 of my cycle and I've been having 32-37 day cycles. I have to ovulate soon haha.

Hello! I used opks for 2 years, yes every month for 24 months (I stopped using them month 25 when I actually conceived baby #2 lol) but in order for it to be a true positive it must be at least as dark as the control. If it wasn't it's technically a negative. Now that doesn't necessarily mean you didn't ovulate but the opk does show negative.

I'm just confused because I'm already on like cycle day 19 and still haven't gotten a truly positive one. If I don't get a positive one in the next few days then I am going to just count this cycle as a bust and say that i ovulated cycle day 15 which would be the day after the "positive" test. I just don't get it because the dollar store OPK from Sunday looks positive to me but the first response one definitely isn't.

I'm just confused because I'm already on like cycle day 19 and still haven't gotten a truly positive one. If I don't get a positive one in the next few days then I am going to just count this cycle as a bust and say that i ovulated cycle day 15 which would be the day after the "positive" test. I just don't get it because the dollar store OPK from Sunday looks positive to me but the first response one definitely isn't.

While TTC baby #2 I was diagnosed with annovulation... odd cycles are a key sign. Basically it meant I could ovulate every month or I could ovulate twice a year, it just depended on my body. So I relied so much on OPKs because charting just wasn't an option. My best advice for you would be to start charting using your BBT and see if that gives you any help. I would also recommend using the OPK strip rather than the dollar store or FR. I found them to be not only cheap but most accurate so it's a win-win :happydance: .

Also, you should download a phone app like MyDaysX (this is now the only one I use) or Ovuview, they are extremely helpful for keeping track of all your tests, symptoms, fertile days and intimate times. That way you can keep all your info right at your fingertips, I totally relied on them while TTC. I also could just hand it to my OB so he could check it all out, it made appointments while TTC so easy!

I finally got my surge ladies! These are my tests from this morning!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 0
Also, you should download a phone app like MyDaysX (this is now the only one I use) or Ovuview, they are extremely helpful for keeping track of all your tests, symptoms, fertile days and intimate times. That way you can keep all your info right at your fingertips, I totally relied on them while TTC. I also could just hand it to my OB so he could check it all out, it made appointments while TTC so easy!

Also, I have one app but I'm just trying out a few more now. My cycles vary in length by about 4 days (32-37) but I have figured out that I ovulate 13 days before my period is supposed to arrive. So that was good information to have makes my charting easier. Especially since I can't chart BBT because I tried with my son and literally never saw a change in temperature even the month that I did get pregnant with him. Maybe I will try again sometime though. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->