Trying to Concieve but getting desperate

armywife323

Reaction score
My husband is an Army veteran with PTSD and had to come off several medications for us to try for kids. I had the depo for 3 years and had my last shot almost 6 months ago and still have not had any sign of a cycle or ovulation. My husband desperately needs to go back on his meds and I feel horrible for not knowing more about the depo so i could have told him to wait but now he wont go back on them because he doesnt want to go through withdrawls again if my cycle returns soon... What can I do to check if Im going to be able to concieve any time soon? Is there anything i can do?

Maybe go and see your gp too see what they suggest .. Hope you get your bfp soon xx

My understanding is that it can take up to 6-12 months for fertility to return ( you need to add 13 weeks onto that after the date of your last injection)

I would definitely consult with your doctors for both you and what else might be helpful for your husband in the interim.

Hugs xx

Usually can take 6 months to a year for your ovulation to return after depo .
You can try tracking your cycles with OPKs and basal body temping so you will have a idea of when your ovulation returns.

according to the opk ive been using ive been ovulating normally, but im still not having a full cycle... not sure whats going on.

Maybe try doing a natural cleanse next cycle to help get all the remaining depo out. Couldn't hurt anyway. Just an idea. Hope it happens soon for both of your sakes!

Have you tried temping too? That may give you a better picture of what's going on, sorry, not too familiar with depo, but I know temping has really helped me!

not really familiar with temping methods... ill look into it, thanks

Opks can only tell you if you are gearing up to ovulate....not that out has actually occurred. I agree....temping and charting with fertility friend would be the better option.
How long does your hubby need to be off of the meds for it to be safe to ttc?
Maybe talk to his doctor and figure out your cycle first, before ttc. It might benefit both of you.
Good luck!

Hi Armywife - I agree with all the responses above. My personal experience was 12 months for my cycle to return to normal after being on depo for 5 years.

I wonder if it would be possible for your doctor to do a 21 day progesterone check to see if you have in fact ovulated. Temping is also a very good way of keeping track of ovulation but you have to be committed to taking your temp at the same time each day before moving and getting out of bed.

Good luck :)

Unfortunately my husband has to be off his meds because it kills his "drive" so to speak... its not so much about the safety of it. It takes him almost a month of withdrawl to fully come off his meds. Unfortunately my gp didnt know much about the depo and thus was unable to warn me about the length of time it was going to take to wear off and return to a normal cycle... so he went off his meds because I was uninformed about mine. I have scheduled an appt with an OB/GYN to try to get a hormone test to see if i am returning to normal and to help us... Thank you all for the feedback, and if you have any other tips I am more than greatful... This is ttc #2 and Im 23 and my first was unplanned, so all advice is greatly appreciated. :)

Unfortunately my husband has to be off his meds because it kills his "drive" so to speak... its not so much about the safety of it. It takes him almost a month of withdrawl to fully come off his meds. Unfortunately my gp didnt know much about the depo and thus was unable to warn me about the length of time it was going to take to wear off and return to a normal cycle... so he went off his meds because I was uninformed about mine. I have scheduled an appt with an OB/GYN to try to get a hormone test to see if i am returning to normal and to help us... Thank you all for the feedback, and if you have any other tips I am more than greatful... This is ttc #2 and Im 23 and my first was unplanned, so all advice is greatly appreciated. :)

Have you tried treating it naturally?, I read Maca can help PTSD and it raises libido as well as raising sperm count, a healthy diet ( cutting out caffeine , lowering his intake of over processed foods) and fish oil is also said to help. I have also read that if he does need to go back on his meds Maca and horny goat weed can improve libido while on the meds.
https://www.themacateam.com/maca-for-depression

We conceived our first baby, a daughter, in the first month of trying and had a textbook normal pregnancy and normal birth. We took it for granted that having a second baby would be just as easy. When I still wasn't pregnant after a year of trying, we struggled to come to terms with the realization that we may have a fertility problem.

were thinking of getting tested again... im going to go have a hormone test done first tho... thank you all for the advice... ill ask him when he gets home if hes ever tried the maca... thanks :)

were thinking of getting tested again... im going to go have a hormone test done first tho... thank you all for the advice... ill ask him when he gets home if hes ever tried the maca... thanks :)

Good idea, Maca is good for balancing hormones in both males and females so it may help you too. :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->