Trying to decide whether to have a party for my daughter

daneuse27

Reaction score
My daughter loves birthday parties (especially her own, but other people's too.) She turns 6 in August and I'm trying to decide whether to organize a birthday party with her friends from school.

Pros:
-She loves birthdays, it would make her very happy

Cons:
-We'd have to have it in June, because of too many plans/commitments in July and August (which doesn't bother me too much - we did it early last year too. But it means I have less time to plan.)
-Id probably end up spending between $200-$300 on everything and not sure I am too fussed about doing that right now
-Frankily we dont need any more toys in our house! I get stressed just thinking about it

Thoughts? Should I have this party for her, or just do something with family in August? Do you have a friends party for your kids every year?

I wouldn't do it if it was 2 months before her bday personally. Maybe just decorate the house and have a few friends over, she'd probably still be delighted.
We are aiming to have a party every 2nd year

My DD turned 5 in February and I regret not giving her a party as she absolutely loves them and has been invited and always gone to parties in her class .

We are going to give her a party for her 6th birthday ! Upto now we have just decorated the house and had a tea party with family. We will probably do what Catty suggested party every other year .

I wouldn’t give her a party two months in advance but rather something nearer her birthday how about a garden party with games and a few friends over ? Birthday sleepover with popcorn and film? Party’s are what you make them big or small . I’m sure like my DD she would be delighted with a few friends over and a area of your house decorated !

Xx

The way I see it the window to throw birthday parties is small, I know soon we’ll be taking DS and a friend or 2 to the cinema or laser tag or things like that, it’s not many years that they want parties.

We’ve done a few big disco style parties and a few smaller parties like cinema/ friends to the house etc. My daughter seems to enjoy both of these the same, so whatever works best for you. I probably wouldn’t do a party 2 months before her birthday as when it came round to her actual birthday if end up doing something else anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->