Trying to get pregnant and hayfever tablets???

tracy1982

Reaction score
Hi everyone

We have now started trying and these last few days my hay fever has been terrible..to the point that my eyes are so swollen and sore.

I have been taking some antihistamines this last week and the eye drops....

Last night it was so bad that I just went to bed with a flannel over my eyes at 8pm!!

It normally ends up getting so bad around this time of year that it feels like my body just breaks down and I end up on steroids for a week just so I can function.

Now the problem is that we are trying! Do I still take the antihistamines? I really don't think that I can cope without them at the moment but..... what if we do get pregnant now? Would it have terrible implications?

Thanks for any advice....

I am thinking maybe we have to wait a couple of months to try- though it took us about 9 months to get pregnant with our first so really want to crack on....! But obviously don't want to hurt any future baby xxx

https://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Antihistamines/Pages/Who-can-use-it.aspx

From a fellow sufferer: I am taking Loratidine and am 10dpo.

xx

When I was PG with DS2 I was prescribed the cetirizone (sp?) based ones. I think they're the piriteze and things like that ones. You can go and see your Dr to make sure and they will prescribe pregnancy safe ones. :thumbup: You can get them over the counter though so just make a note of what he says os ok and then ask the pharmacist for it to save a few £s as they're cheaper to buy than to get a prescription for (unless you get prescriptions free).

Im suffeing too!!

Im still taking tablets, althoug this morning I'd run out, not had time to get to chemist, so have resorted to taking the kids piritin medicine!:haha:

If you're in the UK, you can get packets of 14 tablets for £0.79 from Home Bargains. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->