Trying to keep busy

Darlin65

Married with a Munchkin
Reaction score
Hubby left for Japan a few days ago and he won't be back for 9 more days. Not used to him being away like this. It's been 6yrs since we've been apart for more than a day or two at a time. I've decided to redecorate out master bath while he is gone as a coming home surprise. So far today I have...

taped the walls off for painting
done a few loads of laundry
dishes
scrubbed the stove
swept the dining room floor
scrubbed the powder room

I'm trying so hard to keep busy and then I look at the clock and it's only 1:30 in the afternoon! :dohh: My youngest will be up soon and it will be time for a late lunch. I'm running out of things to do bc bathrooms and ovens can only be scrubbed so often :wacko:

Do you sew? Sewing projects keep me busy if I ever need to be :)

I do and I have a few small projects going like burp cloths and baby skirts. I find it hard to pull out all my stuff without the kids getting into it and the machine is too loud to use once they go to bed. I might get brave and try it with the way things are going tho lol

Hubby left for Japan a few days ago and he won't be back for 9 more days. Not used to him being away like this. It's been 6yrs since we've been apart for more than a day or two at a time. I've decided to redecorate out master bath while he is gone as a coming home surprise. So far today I have...

dishes
scrubbed the stove
scrubbed the powder room

I'm trying so hard to keep busy and then I look at the clock and it's only 1:30 in the afternoon! :dohh: My youngest will be up soon and it will be time for a late lunch. I'm running out of things to do bc bathrooms and ovens can only be scrubbed so often :wacko:

I just want to say I think you are amazing to do all of this with two young children. :) :) :)

dishes
scrubbed the stove
scrubbed the powder room

I just want to say I think you are amazing to do all of this with two young children. :) :) :)

I really agree with this. That's a lot to do with 2 little ones :) Oh bummer about the machine.. I totally understand. We didn't have a room for our machine in our last house so it would wake then up... Doing it during the day is tough... Used to be more manageable when they took naps which they no longer do lol but sometimes they play together long enough for me to sew something up lol at least receiving blankets and burp cloths are quick to sew once cut :) anyway.. You are doing a lot already! Maybe you should try resting with extra time :)

Thanks ladies! I'm so grateful this isn't a normal thing for his job. Normally it's just an over night trip nothing quite this big. He shouldn't have to do it again either he just has to go see how the other part of the company runs. Like a late round of training.

I think I'm just getting antsy. We spent the past couple of days visiting with my grandparents so I barely had to lift a finger and got bored. Tomorrow is my glucose test so I know I won't be getting anything done then. I always get really sick from it. Thankful my mom is helping out tomorrow and Saturday. I'm normally not the "Mrs. Clean and organized" type but I literally have nothing else to do. trying to pace myself with our outings like lunch or the zoo so we don't do them all and the boys end up with Cabin fever :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->